Memories

Ayumi's POV

Winry never says goodbye. I don't know why. She always leaves when times are bad, or so it seemed. At least it gave the rest of us time to talk, because it's a little weird with Winry around.

When I was finally done putting everything back, I plopped down on the couch next to Eclair. I remebered some old fond memories when I saw her auto-mail was exposed.

"Remember when we first met? I thought you were a dude, because of all the stories people told me in Resembool. And how Edward was supposed to be taller like everyone said he was."

El half-laughed, making way for a small smile, "Yeah, that was funny. Stories get all mixed up, and I hate it when people call me he-she."

Edward jumped in the conversation. "I hate it when people call me short. What's your point?" He perhaps didn't understand.

El shrugged. "Just reminescing."

Al chimed in on the conversation, too. "I remember we first met when I was still in the suit. You didn't care about it, though."

I smiled at him. "I care about what's on the inside, not outside."

Edward moaned. "Gah, you guys are so strange! I can't handle weird romantic people!"

Alphonse asked him, "Are you just jealous because I'm still taller than you?"

"It's not fair..." Edward had a depressed look on his face, and I think El felt bad for him. She sat next to Ed and gave him a hug. And I thought he hated romantic people...

Suddenly, Al sighed. I looked over at him and asked, "Something wrong?"

Ed said, "Who knows, it might be the notebook again..." Eclair hit his arm. "I was just joking!"

Al said, "Well, when that guy attacked, I couldn't save you. I thought he was really gonna shoot you. I would be miserable if you were dead."

"Aw, Al!" Then I bear hugged him and kissed him. Today was a day filled with hugging...

Al continued, "I'd just feel terrible if I couldn't protect you. I don't want anything bad to happen to you." Eclair was right, I was lucky to have him.

"I'm so glad I have you, Al. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Ed said to El, "Oh, Eclair Elric, what would I do if I lost you forever?" I couldn't tell if he was mocking Alphonse and I or he was serious. Either way, Eclair started laughing.

I asked El, "Hey, Eclair, do you mind helping me pick out my dress? I have to do it now, because I'll end up forgetting."

She shrugged. "Sure, I don't mind."

We walked out the door, and I had a feeling Al and Ed would fight over how short Edward is.