Chapter 5

"Logan! Will you hurry the hell up? We're gonna be late!" I bang on the bathroom door, where Logan has been for twenty minutes.

"I'm shaving, chill out!" He screams back.

"What are you, man-scaping?" I yell back.

"Just calm down, I'm done!" He says, opening the door and finally giving me access to the blessed bathroom.

"Finally..." I say. I go in and begin to brush my pearly whites, which weren't actually that white.

After I swish some mouthwash in my mouth and spit it out, I grab some of my blonde hair and pull it up into a messy bun. Returning back to my room, I throw on some eyeliner and dress myself in some casual acid washed shorts, along with a scull tank top, wrapping a jean jacket around my waist. I pull up the laces on my red converse and pull my dreamcatcher necklace over my head, letting it hang in the middle of my chest.

I grab my bag and skip down the stairs, ready to face the world. Just another day.

I jump into my car, turning around to check where I'm backing up. As I turn, I see Logan over in his car and shoot him a smirk, making him raise an eyebrow. I back up and turn to go to school, staying just above the speed limit. I see Logan in my rearview mirror and he's checking himself out in his own mirrors, barely paying attention to the road.

Parking in my regular spot, in the parking lot, I happen to glance over on the other side of the lot and see Cole getting out of the passenger's side of an old, rusty looking car. Getting out of the driver's side is a short, brunette girl, pulling an over-the-shoulder canvas bag over her head. Her hair is curly and sits, tied in a low pony, over her right shoulder. She smiles brightly over at Cole, making some sort of joke, I assume, because he reciprocates her laughter. I slam my door shut and swing my bag over my shoulder, continuing my way to the school.

I try to ignore them but it's hard. How could I have not known that there was another girl? I'm an idiot! That's why he wasn't making any moves!

As I glance back over at them, I catch Cole looking my way and quickly look back at the school, hurrying my steps.

I pull the doors open with all my might, trying to get rid of some of this pent up anger. "Son of a--" I get cut off by a flash and a click.

I whip my head over and notice Harlie there with her camera hung around her neck. She looks down at the screen and smiles. "You're adorable," She laughs.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

"Taking your picture. See?" She turns the screen to me.

I snicker, "You're cute." I say, swinging my arm around her shoulder.

"I try." She responds, as we walk into the hall.

"No you don't."

She smiles and lets her camera hang, wrapping her arm around my waist. "So what was it that got you so pissed off?"

"Life." I answer.

She sighs, "It's weird."

"You got that right."

We walk until we get to my locker where I grab my binders for my classes. Harlie leans against the lockers next to mine, observing the world around her. She suddenly pushes off the wall and walks down to the end of the hall and out of the corner of my eye, I watch her. She kneels down and pulls her camera up to her eyes. Closing her right eye, captures a picture of the hall. How she gets these ideas, I'll never know. Returning, her eyes are glued to that camera of hers, smiling to herself. "You look content with yourself." I say to her, closing my locker.