53

Chapter 53

The Legendary Master's Wife by Yin Ya

Pleasant surprise.

For the following short period of time, You XiaoMo uses the excuse of his leg injury to gradually cut down the number of times he goes to the Hall of Enchanted Herbs to collect magic herbs. This dawdling dragged on for almost a month. His 'leg injury' finally heals. During this time, he took one thousand and two hundred magic herbs. It appears as if he only refined four hundred magic pills. In reality, he was busy gathering the mature magic herbs in his dimension.

Ever since he found out that the magic water can accelerate the growth of magic herbs, You XiaoMo has been thinking of how to use the magic water to cultivate magic herbs. After a few experiments, You XiaoMo gradually figures out a few points. 

Firstly, the level one magic herbs. Level one magic herbs grow much more quickly than level two magic herbs. If you don't water them with magic water, it will take a few months to grow. If you use magic water, it won't even take half a day for the magic herb will change from a seed to a fully mature magic herb. The effect is very impressive. But because it is so impressive, You XiaoMo feels that is somewhat wasteful. 

Although the lake takes up one fifth of the dimension, it is unknown if it will get replenished. What would happen if he uses it all? With this in mind, You XiaoMo tries to dilute the magic water with ordinary water. He finds out that although the effect of the diluted magic water is not as strong as undiluted magic water, it still has an accelerating effect. It's only the rate is a little reduced in accordance to the degree of dilution. With this, he can adjust the rate of growth of the magic herbs. 

After figuring this out, he simply stays in his dimension carrying out tests. He also requests Ling Xiao to go down the mountain to help him buy fifty big wooden barrels because he already used up this month's two trip quota. Also, frequently going down the mountain would attract attention. 

Ling Xiao knows that during this time he has been busy planting magic herbs. Although he doesn't say he would do it, he buys the fifty wooden barrels for him that very day. You XiaoMo never expected that he would be so fast. He only asked for them not four hours before and Ling Xiao already brings the wooden barrels over. Feeling moved, he almost promises him ten or more magic pills right then and there. Luckily he is able to stop his mouth in time. 

Ling Xiao also doesn't ask for compensation. Seeing that he is busy, he simply leaves. 

When You XiaoMo gets busy, he easily forgets those next to him. So he doesn't realize when Ling Xiao left. On top of that, his bubbling spirits causes him to not take any notice. After moving the water filled barrels into his dimension, he starts to dilute the magic water. 

He prepares two different dilutions of magic water according to the needs of the three types of magic herbs. One is for watering level one magic herbs. Because they grow too fast, You XiaoMo isn't able to come in everyday to take care of them, so to avoid being wasteful, he dilutes the magic water 1:100. This way, the magic herbs will take five days to grow. However, watering magic herbs cannot be stopped, basically they need to watered once a day.

The second one if for watering level two magic herbs. Because level two magic herbs take a longer time to grow when compared to level one magic herbs, the dilution factor is lower. But You XiaoMo doesn't want to spend time harvesting magic herbs, so he adjusts their growth rate to one month. 

As for level three magic herbs, since he can't use them now, You XiaoMo plans to observe them for now. 

So You XiaoMo puts diluted magic water in fifteen of the fifty wooden barrels. The rest are filled with ordinary water just in case.