Confessions

I was in the park near my house; science revision pages were surrounding me in a circle. I was with Harley, and we were studying for the upcoming science test. We had grown closer in the following weeks, and he was actually really fun.

In other news, Steve hadn’t proposed yet. During the day I didn’t care but at night it ate me up inside. When was he going to do it? And what would Mum say?

I was feeling sick in my stomach for other reasons as well. I think Perrie finally took notice that I was ignoring her, because the amount of miscalls were increasing. She even texted me, less at first but at least once a day now.

What was I going to do when we were going to see her again? What should I do about her texts?

“Hello? Amy! Back to planet Earth!” said Harley. Amy was his nickname for me. No one else has ever called me Amy before. It was always Amelia, or Perrie and the girls calling me Milly.

“Can I tell you something?” I asked Harley. He nodded, and I told him the entire story, of me stopping communication with Perrie and of Steve and the ring. I asked him if I should block her number.

“I get what you mean about family. Sometimes it is better to leave them all behind.” He replied.

I was a little bit shocked. “Would you do that, really do that, to your parents?” I asked him.

He nodded. “Not everybody was born into a picture perfect happy family with a Mum and a Dad who love eachother. You have every right to be angry at them.”

So, I got out my phone, and blocked Steve, Mum and Perrie. They had no way of talking to me now.

That night at dinner I was silent. I only spoke if I absolutely had to, and I felt rather guilty.

It was necessary though, if I was going to see this thing through.