The phone call from Thirlwall

My phone started to ring. I looked and it was Jade Thirlwall. I didn’t want to answer it, I was just starting to feel better about myself, and it was obvious I needed to continue because I almost always felt like crap. My conscious had me though, and I answered the call.

“Amelia! What are you playing at?” angrily questioned Jade. I gulped.

“You haven’t been answering Perrie’s calls. She’s been worried. And your mum just phoned her and told her what you did yesterday, running out of class like you were a delinquent. You’re lucky you just got a warning.”

“Yes, And?” I asked angrily. She had no right to be in my business!

Her voice went softer. “Perrie’s gotten worse, much worse-“

I cut her off. “What do you mean?”

“She’s sick you idiot. She hasn’t been able to perform for the last 3 shows. You wouldn’t know that because you stopped talking to her! She’s been crying at night, calling you, but you never pick up.” She continued.

“Why now? Why are you calling me?” I asked, angry but scared.

“Because she’s been asking for you. She’s really sick, has a massive fever. Perrie’s practically delirious, and you’re mad. We’re taking her to hospital in a few minutes, just thought you should know.” She added, with a lot of sharpness in her voice.

I hung up and felt awful. Maybe I’d gone a bit too far with blocking her calls. I ran up to Mum, who was packing a small bag with Steve.

“Your sister’s” mum tried to say.

“I know, she’s in hospital, Jade told me.” I interrupt.

We all got the first plane we could to America. We arrived at the hospital, jetlagged ,hungry and me still angry at Jade. We got into Perrie's room and it seemed like she’d improved a lot. She was flicking through the thousands of messages from her Mixers on her iphone, and Mum and Steve ran up to her and gave her a hug.

This just made me angry.  I glared at Perrie, with all her love and attention and fame and perfection.

“Why haven’t you been answering my calls?” she asked, angrily. “I haven’t heard from you in months!”

This was it, war was about to begin.