The Final Chapter

“I swear you’re depressed Amelia. You’ve gone from arguing about everything with me and Steve to stopping talking to us at all. All you do is hide in you’re room and play on that silly computer of yours.” Said Mum, staring right at me.

“I don’t play Mum. I write stories, really beautiful amazing ones which people love. There online Mum, and hundreds have read them. They say they’re good, and for once in my entire life I’m getting appreciation for being someone other than being Perfect Perrie Edwards little sister!” I yell.

“Calm down Baba.” Said Perrie. “You’re scaring me.”

“My name is Amelia, I’m not you’re baba anymore. I’m not little Perrie anymore! You get just a little bit sick and they drop everything to come see you.” I scream. “I’ve been dying for years and no one gives a damn.”

Perrie gets up and reaches out her hand, and before I know what I’m doing I slam her against the wall. It was only a push, but because she was weak it was too easy. The back of her head loudly banged, and blood was slowly dripping down her face.

She didn’t struggle, but I was too angry to care.

“You ruined me, Perrie Edwards. You held me and loved me and then you left me and broke my heart. Well guess what, I don’t need you anymore. I’m happy, I’m successful, I have friends. Have a nice life, bitch.” I say, my face close to hers.

Steve stares at me, confused. Mum on the other hand, is looking at me like she’s seen me for the first time.

I feel two warm, familiar hands wrap around my waist. At first I struggled, but Perrie still holds me with all the strength she used to. She pulls me into her chest and I feel her tears on my shoulder.

“I’m so sorry Baba. I should have been there for you. You’ve always been much more than a Little Me.” Repeats Perrie, over and over again. A lightbulb flashes above my head.

“The song Little Me! I found it in you’re song box! It was always about me.” I figure out.

Mum and Steve leave for a minute. Finally I let my guard down and cry the tears I’ve been holding in for months, for years. I finally realise this isn’t the girl I’ve been hating. The Perrie in my mind was cocky, and inconsiderate and evil, but the one holding me was kind, and beautiful and caring and the best big sister in the world. Steve wasn’t an evil, mentally deranged homewrecker but a nice guy who fell in love with my Mum, and Mum herself wasn’t an idiot who let dad get away, but someone who stopped loving the man she thought she would and tried to make herself happy.

And who was I, to come between all of them and destroy any kind of relationship we had?

I cried harder and just hugged Perrie, telling her how stupid and sorry I was. It was time to trust and love again.