I'm Nauseated To Boys As My Cousin Jojo Is To Bathing.

Several drinks later and I swore I was fine aside from the fact I kept on seeing Riley. From the dizzy and lightheadedness I was feeling I would have thought I was drunk but he was actually everywhere I went not like there was a lot of places to go; backyard to the kitchen to the living room to the front yard and back around. I swear he was stalking me; every time I turned he was there. He never came up and said anything to me. I had actually wished he would at one point. I couldn't bare those sad eyes boring into mine making me feel more guilty than I already was. I also couldn't decide if I wanted to stay or leave. I felt the fatigue, which I assumed, was from practice but I didn't want to just leave J. We were suppose to have a lot of fun tonight and I really needed the distraction.

I was currently situated in the backyard watching J, who I found an hour ago, in the pool. He was caught in a serious game of volleyball. There were quite a few people outside watching the on going game, it was surprisingly entertaining. The crowd watched eagerly cheering when necessary. Probably mesmerized by the half naked girls in water jumping around.

I had taken seat next to Deon after feeling a bit weak; his wet arm was touching mine. After losing a round he and a few switched out to give others a try. His shirtless body leaned into mine to say something but the noise from the game triumphed giving me a headache and 'causing me to miss what he said. We'd been discussing the game. He and I shared a few classes this year. I believe trig and chem. I couldn't remember the rest. We never really conversed before. I knew of him. We didn't talk much only when he and I were in a conversation with mutual friends. From the little time we spoke he did seem like a nice guy. Tonight I gather how much he liked sports and all things competition. Which made for a perfect friendship. We both agreed we needed to hang out later and that we should have done so from the beginning.

Someone in the water hit the ball a little to hard because it came splashing towards us wetting both of us in the process. That caused a chain reaction because the guy who just so happened to be walking by us jumped being surprised from the ball, spilling both cups of soda in his hands on me.

"Oh shit."

The random guy ran inside to get napkins. I jumped up instantly feeling the wetness seep through to my dress. Just great, the stickiness is going to cause the dress to cling to my skin. However, not one drop fell on j's shirt, lucky bastard. The random guy returned with a shirt profusely apologizing. Jay who was now out the pool came over laughing. He patted the guys back before picking up the discarded ball.

"You're looking sweet tonight, car" he laughed again, passing me the shirt from the guys hand.

My face heated, "Shut up."

"You can go to my room" he eyed my fit "and borrow whatever you need" his eyes stuck on the shirt, "again." He said humorously. Deon appeared at my side with napkins to which I graciously took. I smiled at the boys then made my way back into the house.

"Carmin!" My eyes were downward from me wiping soda off my thighs when Hannah shouted for me. I looked up at her as she neared, her staring at my soda-clad dress.

"What happened to you?" I saw humor on her face.

"Soda spilled on it" I replied. The napkins were useless because of how easily it broke apart. Her hands lightly brushed away the crumpled particles that stuck.

"I didn't even bring any extra clothes."

"It's ok, I was just going to borrow something from jay" I replied.

She pulled me into a hug, "well, ok, I was just about to go looking for you. I'm leaving. I'm actually really tired and I can't seem to find Riley anywhere." She glanced around the room once again as she let go of me. "Andrea's sister is giving some of us a ride."