My Lasers Can Cut Through Steel Walls.

"It hurts. It hurts so much, Riley. I think, I think, I'm going to die." Hannah, who currently was resting her forehead against my locker, moaned.

I sighed, tousling her perfectly styled hair. Trying anything to get her to move so I could open my locker. She scowled and then groaned obnoxiously.

She clutched her stomach dramatically, her white shirt untucking from her pants, "Oh god, oh god, oh no no no. I'm losing my sights. The pain, oh the pain." She threw her deadweight onto me. I pushed her off instantly causing her to drop her bag and hit her elbow, momentarily stopping her theatrics.

"You butthole," She cried while profusely caressing her arm in rapid motion. "I, whom is on the verge of death, in agony, in woe, and and and this is the type of treatment I get-"

"Is Hannah having her moon time again?" Jay casually yells from 5 lockers away. We turn instantaneously. Hannah shrieks out loudly causing another wave of people to turn their heads in our direction. Another shriek and she starts pounding her small hand onto his chest once he's in front of us. He laughs then grabs her frailing wrist. I take that opportunity to get into my locker.

"Arg bar bar" I glance sideways and stop then glance away. Jay has Hannah's head shoved under his armpits. The action has Hannahs once neat hair in chaos everywhere and her perfectly ironed shirt wrinkled and untucked from her pants. Once I'm done I turn back and pull Hannah under my arm, saving her from Jay's attack. She slumps defeatedly against me not even bothering to fix her attire. Her hair is a cosmic mess.

"Oh so no tyrant on how guys should respect a lady's time of the month?" I nudge her mockingly and jay laughs crossing his arms. She sighs, reaches to the floor for her bag dejectedly and turns her back on us to walk away. We follow her laughing away invidiously. She stops as soon as she started walking, just a few paces away from our original destination, to stare at someone ahead. Following her stare we see carmin. Both hands holding the bag straps at her chest. Her body is turned at an angle whilst her head is faced our direction as if she were walking away and just so happened to look this way.  There's an estrange look on her face; brows furrowed.

I hear Hannah's intake of breath from in front of me and Jays uncomfortable rearrangement of bag straps. Barely moving, her body sways as if unsure to go or stay. I send her a genuine smile. Her head actually moves backward, pure surprise on her face. There's no time to respond, though, her dad walks out of the door behind her: His face is taut and fierce. His hands go to rest on her shoulders and without falter she moves on command breaking contact as if we never existed. They turn to the left hallway and exit out through the old double doors. Hannah releases her breath and Jay stills. Not once did her father glance at us nor acknowledge another human being within his presence, as if everyone else was beneath him.

Jay laughs out awkwardly taking steps forward. We follow his lead.

"I wonder what he's doing here." Hannah poses the thought. For real, what was he doing here?

Jay turns to his head left and eyes the doors as we pass, "Well, it's the main office. Who knows, maybe carmin got into trouble. Not like it's uncommon." He shrugs. It was true but her behavior was off. Has been off. She acts so different towards us now.

"But why?" Hannah asks. He shrugs again not as curious or even as interested as Hannah and I. Weird. Too lost in thought Hannah must not have noticed his brush it off demeanor.

"Has she spoken to you lately?" I questioned side stepping other students bags as they pass by.

Hannah sighed, "Not really. Nothing more than a hi and bye." She answers but jay doesn't.

"Well, I'll see you guys in class." And with that jay merges with the now filling hallway. Huh. Weird.

*