Chapter 2: Friends {Tikki}

A girl is constantly scrubbing the floors while keeping her red hair from falling while she's working. The girl is wearing a black and red T-shirt with black leggings while wearing a neatly printed white apron. Who is this girl you ask? That's where I come in. My name is Tikki Alina Lovegood, but just call me Tikki.

This is my story told my way. I'm the one scrubbing the floors as I long to escape this cruel life. However, that's not going to happen anytime soon. "CinderTikki, hurry up and clean up this mess!" my mother, or rather stepmother yells just as I stand up before slipping in the watery floor.

"Yes ma'am!" I yell back before standing up again, regaining my balance before running on the dry floor to meet my stepmother demands.

Luckily, she was in the entrance when she saw me. She was wearing a neatly white pearled dress and wear white gloves to accompany her look as her hair was neatly placed in a bun.

"I want you to go to the bakery and order some fresh loaves. You better not come back empty-handed. Am I understood?" my stepmother said sternly as her lips were slightly chapped.

God, she needs chapstick. I almost immediately nodded, not wanting to get on her bad side. "Yes ma'am!" I repeat once more as my parents taught me to be polite.

"Good." she said as she hands me some euros. "Now, begone peasant," she said rather harshly as I close the door from behind me. Ordinary people are just going by their day as I rush to get to the bakery.

People are walking and talking while I'm just minding my business not wanting any trouble. Once, I arrive at the bakery, I immediately take a deep breath as I sigh happily.

The place smelled amazing. The cooked pastries combined with the aroma of the loaves were too much for my taste buds as I stepped to the register.

"Hello! What can I help you with?" a woman nicely greets me as her hair is dark blue almost black. Her smile was honest as it spelled kind all over. Her posture was straight as her outfit was a flower-themed shirt with matching pants.

Not wanting to be rude, I smile back. "Hi! I was wondering how much the loaves were?" I politely asked as I glance at the euros my stepmother had gave me. She only gave me ten euros which were enough to buy two-three loaves, possibly four.

"They cost five euros," the woman explained as I nodded. "Then, can I have two loaves?" I asked as she nodded before grabbing two freshly baked loaves and placing them in a bag.

"That will be ten euros," she said as I handed her the ten euros. "Thanks!" I happily said before leaving the bakery.

The sun fell as the stars arrive to accompany the full moon. The trees slightly sway as people start walking back to their homes, thinking about tomorrow.

I sighed before stumbling into the dark place of town. "Hello, there," a male voice said as blood covered his mouth. Beside him were two females as all three had rigged clothes and blood dripped around their clothes.

I swallow hard. "H-Hello," I stupidly stutter as I mentally facepalm myself. The two females look at each other and back at the male before the three run at me.

After that, I started running. Oh god, I'm in trouble! I continued running while keeping the loaves safe. I thought I had made it home until I found myself cornered.

"Looks like dinner is served," the three said in unison as their eyes sparkled with delight, which lead me to slightly tremble in fear.

However, I was saved by two teenagers that were around my age. "Back off!" the first female said boldly as the second one knocked the male unconscious.

"Wow," I said breathlessly as I stare at the two females in awe. Once they were unconscious, the two females look at me before giving me a sheepish smile.

"Are you okay?" the second one asked, her voice full of concern as I nodded. "Thank you both. What are your names?" I asked as they smile at me.

"My name is Alya and this is my best friend, Marinette!" the first one said happily as the second one shyly waved at me.

"What's your name?" the two asked as I return their smile. "My name is Tikki," I said introducing myself as they nodded. "That's a nice name!" Alya commented as Marinette nodded.

"It really is!" Marinette happily added as the two pull me into a hug. "What's this for?" I awkwardly asked, considering that this was my first time meeting them.

"A friendship hug," Marinette said as I stared at her, confused by what she had said. "A friendship hug?" I repeat in disbelief as she nodded.

"We're friends, after all, right?" Marinette sheepishly asked as her and Alya wait for my answer. Friends? I never actually had friends before so this was a whole new level for me.

"Yeah!" I happily exclaimed as I smile brightly. Marinette and Alya cheered and walked me home before they left. I wave at them before walking inside my house of doom. "I have friends," I whisper happily before neatly placing the loaves on the dining table. What will happen now? Find out in the next chapter!

Author Note,
Hey, hey! Chapter 2 is now complete! This was slightly dark but had a positive effect in the end as Tikki now has friends. Anyway, what did you guys think?

Any favorite parts? Tell me in the comments! So, any favorite character so far (and so early)? Feel free to tell me in the comments below!

In the next chapter, we'll know about Plagg. I'll see you guys in the next chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Stay miraculous and may your heart soar. Miraculous Love!