Chapter 12: News {Tikki}

I was cleaning the floor when my step-sister arrived. "The prince was so cute!" she exclaimed as I rolled my eyes.

"Are you crushing on him?" I asked as she nodded. My heart fell, as I continued cleaning, daring myself not to say anything that would make her suspicious of me.

"I think the mysterious dancer was into him as well. They seemed pretty sync. I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone I knew," Lila said casually.

Oh, she's very close. You're looking at her! There was no way I could tell her that I was the mysterious dancer. I couldn't tell anyone.

The only ones who knew my secret was Marinette and Alya. "Well, have fun cleaning!" Lila said happily before walking away.

When she left, I let out a sad sigh that I didn't realize I was holding. "If only you knew," I whispered to myself as I dried off the table before cleaning the celling fan.

I was almost done, when Lila entered with a dramatic entrance, no less. "Prince Plagg is coming!" she yelled loudly, causing me to lose my balance and fall.

"Ow," I mumbled as I stood up. "Why?" I asked stupidly, causing her to deadpan. "Prince Plagg found a missing shoe! Duh!" she stated the obvious as I grabbed a stepping stool.

"Interesting," I simply said, although I smiled to myself. I guess he does care. "I can't wait for him to show up!" Lila said proudly as she sighed dreamily.

She walked away as I finished cleaning. "Neither can I," I said happily to myself as this was the best news I ever heard.

Prince Plagg cares about me, and is willing to find me. Now, I can have a happy ending. I hummed to myself all the way to my room, only to hear the door lock.

Darn!

What will happen next? Find out in the next chapter!