Chapter 13: Shoe/Slipper Hunting {Plagg}

I really hate being a royal! It's the worst! I honestly wish I was born poor! At least, they don't have to go hunting over a lost slipper or shoe!

I sighed dramatically as my messager insisted on helping me, find the owner of this missing shoe, slipper, whatever it is!

Sorry, I'm just really frustrated that my dad put me up to this mess. Why didn't he just call each maiden to come to the castle and try the shoe on? That would have made so much sense!

My thoughts were snapped out, however, when my messager knocked politely on the door. An elderly woman opened the door, as she bowed, along with her daughter.

The two then stopped bowing. "Your Highness, what can we do for you?" she kindly asked as I suddenly felt awkward.

Luckily, my messager answered for me. "We were wondering if your daughter could try on this slipper?" the messager asked nicely.

"Shoe," I mumbled as she glared at me. "It's obviously a slipper," the messager stated.

"Shoe,"

"Slipper,"

"Shoe,"

"Seriously? Your Highness, it's a slipper,"

"Okay, fine, it's a slipper,"

"No, it's a shoe,"

She stopped when she realized that I tricked her. "Ugh!" she mumbled bitterly as I struggled not to laugh.

She laughed and allowed us to come in. Her daughter tried on the shoe, and it didn't fit.

This went on several times, and so far, we had no luck! "How many houses do we have to check?" I asked her as my feet were killing me at this point.

"Luckily for you, we have one more to go," she said as I cheered. "Yes! Let's get a move on!" I said happily as I grabbed her arm before the two of us ran.

Now, to find the owner of this slipper, or shoe! What will happen now? Find out in the next chapter!