Chapter 7: Maidens {Plagg}

Everyone was counting down for the day of the ball to come, as I was secretly dreading it.

I knew I should be excited and I was, but to dance with every maiden who only want me for my title? That's kinda heart-wrecking.

The day of the ball came as I cuffed my elbow sleeves. I looked in the mirror as I was now wearing a black suit with a rose tugged in my shirt pocket.

I sighed heavily as I heard chatter. I peeked over the stair rails to see maidens walking inside.

Here, goes nothing... My servant, Nino was offering drinks to all of the maidens as my messager, looked around to greet the ladies.

I walked downstairs as silence fell. Everyone eyes were on me, which made me slightly nervous. I awkwardly coughed as I walked down to the dance floor.

Almost instantly, everyone bowed. After the bowing ended, a line formed as the first maiden smiled widely at me.

I'm going to die, now. He looked for his father for support, but he was already dragged out of the ballroom as the girl danced wildly.

Glances and whispers were heard as I knew they were about the girl. The girl ignored them as she leaned to kiss me, but luckily my sister was there.

"Alright, your time is up," Chloé said firmly as she dragged her away from me. "I didn't get a chance to kiss him, yet! I love you, Prince Plagg!" the girl ranted as Chloé rolled her eyes, knowing that she was lying.

She dropped the girl before heading back inside the castle. I was dancing with the other maidens, hoping that the red-haired girl would show up.

After, dancing with fifteen girls, I sighed before sitting down. "Finally," I said to myself before Nino shook his head. "Come on, sir. You still have more maidens, waiting to dance with you," Nino said gently as I groaned before standing up.

Next thing I knew, I was dancing with twenty more girls. Just when, I thought I was done, more showed up!

When will it end? I sighed as I noticed my messager had a bitter expression on her face. "That's the girl, I was talking about!" she stated bitterly as she pointed at a light-brown haired girl.

"Hi, I'm Lila Rossi!" she introduced herself, nicely before staring at my messager. "Hi..." I said, unsure of what to say.

This immediately offended her as she yelled at me, while everyone watched. This is so awkward... "Ma'am, I mean Lila, I--" I started gently, before another figure appeared.

Everyone gasped as Lila fell short. The girl was...

Who is it? Find out in the next chapter!