Chapter 17: The Fit {Plagg}

I quickly looked up to see my red-maiden friend as she ran before huffing and puffing.

"S-Sorry," she stuttered as she takes a breather before quickly bowing and glancing up.

"See! I told you that wasn't the last girl!" the messager happily exclaimed as she gently shook me. I casually rolled my eyes, before staring back at the red head again.

There was something about her that I couldn't place. I felt like as though... I knew her from the ball.

Before she could continue speaking though, the girl's stepmother appeared as she stared at the red-head.

"Tikki, darling. You were supposed to be inside," the stepmother said sweetly as the girl stepped back. "I-I can't. I'm sorry, but I have to do this," she confessed as my messager and I stared at each other in confusion.

"Prince Plagg, I was--" the girl started, before the stepmother growled. "Look out!" I yelled as I pushed her out of the way and took the hit for her.

I fell as my messager rushed to help me up. "Are you alright, Sire?" she asked concernedly as the girl stood there in pure shock.

"I'm the rightful ruler!" the stepmother spoke firmly as she grabbed her necklace. Dark magic formed around her as in her form, was the younger version of her.

"It was you!" I yelled as everything came back to me. "Y-You... Placed a spell on me!" I stated, finally making the connection.

"Took you long enough, Prince," she bitterly stated as Tikki stood up and went in front of me. "You won't hurt him, Mother," Tikki firmly stated as I smiled at her.

A nasty smile formed over the stepmother as my own smile faded. "I'll hurt whoever gets in my way," she spoke firmly as my messager gulped nervously.

"Is now a bad time to back out?" my messager squeaks out as she awkwardly coughed. "Bring it on," Tikki boldly stated as I felt confident rising within her.

"With pleasure," her stepmother spoke as dark magic glistened in her eyes. Soon, she aims directly at Tikki and fires.

However, a white form of light appeared as her stepmother gasped. "N-No! Impossible!" she yelled, her voice growing strangely deeper.

"I'm a magical princess!" Tikki shouted with joy as she aimed her magic back at her. It goes to the necklace as it shatters completely.

"No!" she yelled, but the damage was complete. The magic faded as the stepmother's throat clogged up. Slowly, she started coughing, before she started to disintegrate.

"N-No! I-I can't lose!" the stepmother pleaded, but she was already gone. Tikki watched with a heavy heart as she picked up the necklace.

She closed her eyes shut as I could see pain on her face. "Miss?" I gently asked as she opened her eyes. "I'm fine," Tikki answered with no emotion as she handed the slipper/shoe to me.

"Let's see if you're the lucky one," my messager said as I placed the slipper/shoe on her. To my luck, it was a... Perfect fit!

"That means, that you were the girl I danced with!" I happily exclaimed as she smiled. "Yup," she answered as I pulled her into a tight hug.

Author's Note,
One more chapter left to go until this book is complete! I'll be doing a Q & A after the Epilogue, and I decided to something special for my dedicated readers!

I want to include you all in the Epilogue which is... A wedding! I think as it as a thank you gift to you all. I'll make a small form.

Form:
Name:
Gender:
Crush (if any):
Personality:
Role in Wedding:

Notes:
Crushes can NOT be the following: Adrien Agreste, Nino Lahiffe, Marinette Dupin-Chang, Alya Cesaire, Tikki Lovegood, and Plagg Bourgeois. The reason is that, they have the main ship.

Anyone else is fine. You can also make your own crush and/or I can make an OC for you to have a crush on. The roles are Bridesmaid, Flower Girl, Servant, Chef, Host/Hostess and etc.

I think that's it. Stay miraculous and may your heart soar. Miraculous Love!