Thomas: Family First

Thank you, ThomasNewt2029 for requesting! ~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Scorch. There wasn't much to say about that flaming hot place except for the fact that it was complete torture.

You were the only girl in a group of boys and you had just escaped from the dangerous Maze. 

Minho always said,"We are always going to be there for each other, no matter what, and we will have each other's backs."

Whenever he said that, you always looked at Thomas; he was your brother. That meant that the rule Minho always recited applied the most to you two.

One day, when you and your fellow Gladers were passing through an abandoned mall, the unthinkable happened.

"Whatever happens in here, you stick with me, okay?" Thomas asked as he was always being a good, protective older brother.

You nodded in response, but kept your eyes locked ahead of you, ready for anything spontaneous.

Then it happened.

Out of nowhere, a Crank came smashing through a window and pushed you to the floor. You struggled to push the sickly human off of you, but the zombie wouldn't let go.

Thomas quickly called the group over to you, and frantically kicked the Crank off of you and pushed it over the balcony of the mall. An inhuman screech sounded from the monster and then the mall went silent.

"Are you okay?" Thomas asked with care as he knelt beside you.

"Yeah, I think so...Thanks, Thomas, you saved my life," you said as you sat up and examined a large cut that ran down your arm.

Thomas sent a comforting smile back at you but Newt interrupted by saying, "We are glad you're okay, Y/N, but if there was one, there is probably a pack of Cranks not too far away, so we should just get out of here."

"Yeah, let's go!" Minho yelled to motivate you and the Gladers.  His voice bounced off the empty walls and silence fell once again.

Thomas helped you up, and you all got out of the mall as fast as you could run.