That's what she said.

Songs of this chapter:

Him and I- G eazy feat. Halsey

Powerful- Major Lazor feat Ellie Goulding

Chapter 17

-----------------------------------------------

Charlie's POV

After spending the afternoon with Shane,because I was forced too. I honestly blame my laziness and his stubbornness. It's so fucking dumb.

I came up to  my room and literally fell asleep as soon as my head hit my comfortable Peter Pan pillow.

Right now I was in conflict with myself on what I should wear tonight.

Dress casual.

Okay...I can do casual right? I sighed as I ran my fingers through my dark hair.

I was torn between a mini black dress or high waisted-wash jeans and a pink graphic tee, this is why I don't get asked out often, maybe because I never bother about my appearance. It's been a while since I cared  about what I looked like.

A soft knock made me look over to my dark haired mother.

Everyone says we look so alike and we always deny it even though we look alot alike,same dark long hair-even though she dyes it-and hazel eyes and petite figure. She is a lawyer at this fancy firm I couldn't care less about since grown up stuff doesn't interest me.

And I'm eighteen.

I should really start listening when my parents talk about their job.

I smiled,"Hey mom.",as I turned to search through my racks of clothes that I didn't deem worthy to wear on an actually date with Niall.

I could hear my bed mattress shift against her weight,"Hi hunny."

"Can I help you with something?",I ask.

I continued searching as I came across a simple white shorts and a knee length hoodie.

I turned around with the outfit showing it to her while grinning widely.

"Um just wanted to tell you, your dad and I are going out. Your sister is doing something. And Shane is always out. So take your key.",

"Okay mom,have fun."

Her eyebrows raised and she smiled at my outfit and I show it to her, "I like it, if you don't wear it I would, FYI-which means for your information- those black knee high boots will look tots lit with it.", she tells me matter of factly waging her finger to my clothes and to the boots next to my closet.

My mouth subtly opened as I stared at her.

"What?"

I shook my head subtly,"Please don't ever talk like that again."

My mother rolled her eyes,"Oh please,I'm down with the hip style.",she winked as I mentally cringed.

No one wants their mom to ever talk that way.

Who even says hip style?

I pursed my lips as I watched her walk over and pick up the boots holding it in front of me smiling like a kid in a candy store.

I smiled as I took the shoes from her,"Now seriously wear those otherwise I will...",she trailed off.

I rolled my eyes,"Like you would actually-",I look at her expression and realize she's serious. "...Okay fine,I will...",I say second guessing my first thought about her not actually wearing it.