Five

The next day Kat woke up early and asked Kolivan if he had any jobs needed done.

"We have a energy spike in this region how about you go and check it out." Kolivan said softly.

"Thanks." Kat said walking to a transport ship.

She hopped in and set everything up and then set off for the energy spike. After three days she made it and scanned for life. When she couldn't see any she landed her ship near the energy spike and got out to look around. While looking around Kat fell into a hole. When she stood up she saw a light down a tunnel.

"Hello is any one down here!" Kat yelled while walking toward the light.

She made it into a room with carvings and markings all around it. She walked to the center to see several healing pods.

"These are Altean pods!" Kat gasped out.

She quickly went to work with unlocking them and when she did unlock one a Altean woman fell out. She rushed to the woman and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Kat asked softly.

"Where am I?" The woman asked.

"On a deserted planet my name is Kat..... I work along side Voltron."

"Voltron? How long have I been out?" She asked jumping up and running over to the controls.

"This may just be a guess but I would say a 10,000 years." Kat said softly.

Kat watched as tears felled the woman's eyes.

"My brother..... he's dead." She said through tears.

"Are you Allura's aunt?" Kat asked softly.

"You know my niece is she alive is she well?" The woman asked.

"Yes. She is, like you she was placed in these pods she is on a planet not far from here I can take you all there."

"Thank you my name is Maria." She explained.

"I know Allura told me about you.... wait is the purple lion here?" Kat asked while looking around.

"Yes, but it does not react to me any more...... I don't feel the same connection I once had." Maria said while walking through a tunnel.

When they made it out they saw the Purple Lion in all its glory. Kat smiled as she heard it roar and saw it bend down to her.

"You must be my replacement." Maria said happily.

"May I ask how the Purple Lion chooses?" Kat asked softly.

"It chooses someone who like it is lost, unwanted, unloved. I was chosen because my love for Zarkon. We would have been married if my brother had not of stopped it by introducing me to Coran, my husband." Maria explained.

"Your Coran's wife? He never told any of us." Kat said amazed.

"I don't think he would it was a secret marriage only few knew about." She said with a small smile .

"We should get everyone woke up so in two days I can take you all to Allura it's a three day trip." Kat explained.

"Then we best hurry.... I don't want to wait to much longer to see them." She said happily.

After awhile they woke everyone up and then packed everything up in the ship that Kat brought. After the two days all eleven of the Alteans got on the ship.

"Kat you and I will fly in the Purple Lion." Maria said with a smile.

"Okay let's go." Kat said happily.

They started their journey and half way through Kat let out a sad sigh.

"Are you alright?" Maria asked softly.

"Yes and no.... I've been having a problems with the team..... I'm in love with Lotor the son of Zarkon, but he doesn't care for me at all." Kat said sadly.

"Let me guess he told you that you mean nothing to him and aren't his friend? He is like his father.... the same thing happen to me and instead of telling how I felt I abandoned him and left.... don't make my same mistake tell him how you feel." She said softly.

Kat smiled as she and Maria talked the rest of the way. After a day and a half they made it back to base and Kat called Kolivan.

"Kolivan I'm back and I brought some friends." Kat said with a smile.

"Good because I feel Keith was about to commit murder." He said annoyed.

"Why?" She asked confused.

"You where only suppose to be gone six days you where gone a week and a half." He explained.

"I see I'm sorry but I had to make sure my new friends where safe to travel and that I didn't leave anyone behind." Kat said softly as she and the others landed.

"Is that the Purple Lion?" Kolivan asked in shock.

"Yep can you get everyone for me?" Kat said smiling happily.

She left the Purple Lion and then had everyone stay in the ship. She waited for Coran and Allura to make it in the hanger before explaining everything.

"What is so important?" Allura asked softly.

"Yea and why where you late?" Lance asked annoyed.

"One I found the purple lion and some old friends of yours." Kat said turning around.

Maria stepped out with the others and smiled at Allura and Coran.

"Maria!" Coran yelled running up to her and picking her up.

"Coran how I have missed you my love." Maria said kissing him.

"Aunty." Allura said happily as Maria pulled away from Coran to hug her.

"You found other Alteans?" Shiro asked shocked.

"Yea.... and guess who is the Purple Paladin.... this chick!" Kat yelled pointing to herself.

"WHERE IS SHE!" A voice yelled.

"KOLIVAN WHERE IS MY SISTER!" The voice yelled again.

The voice got closer and as soon as Keith saw Kat he ran and embraced her.

"Why do you keep leaving me?" He asked through tears.

"I'm so sorry Keith I didn't mean to be gone so long..... I couldn't help that I had to give them time." Kat explained while hugging him tightly.