Longview

Tre's POV

When practice finished Mike went upstairs to get a drink.

"I want to be a little buzzed before we get to the bar. Billie, Tre, want one?" Mike asked.

"Yeah man." I replied.

"No thanks Mike. I'm gonna see Adrienne tonight."

Mike shrugged and went upstairs.

I walked over and sat next to Billie.

"So Bill," I said. "What amazing night do you two lovers have planned?"

Billie laughed, "She wants me to take her to some movie than I'm gonna probably just go home and read."

"Wow Billie... that sounds... uh..."

"Look man, just lay off!" Billie snapped. "She's great, okay? Really great."

I stared at Bille, completely stunned. Billie wouldn't meet my eyes,

"Look man, I'm lucky to have her. After Amanda ditched me I didn't think anyone would want me. I'm lucky she puts up with me."

"I guess..." was all I could say.

He looked like he regretted snapping at me. I decided to break the silence.

"So, what're you reading?"

"It's this book about a guy who gets hit by a train. Adriennes gotta read it for her class so I said I'd read it with her. Its got something to do with feminism."

I couldn't help but laugh. Billie laughed with me.

"The book's not as bad as it sounds, Tre. See there's this girl and she thinks her whole life is over after her brother gets hit by a train, but like she keeps going anyways and rediscovers herself."

I smiled, "Not bad Mr.Armstrong. Who knew there was a brain in there?"

We both laughed. Mike came down the stairs and gave me my beer.

"Tre you wanna go soon?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, for sure."

I looked over at Billie he looked bummed out again.

"Bill you sure you don't want to come? Adrienne can come too."

"Nah she wouldn't like that. Thanks anyways guys."

I looked at Mike and shrugged.