Love At First Sight

(Introduction) Liz's POV:

"Come on mom I'm going to be late for my flight, stop hugging me!" I giggled.

My moms a little sad because she is watching her only child leave for another state, but she understands that I can't be her baby forever.

I come from the suburbs of New York which is the most boring place to live... in my opinion at least. I just graduated from college, I'm a physical therapist. It took a lot of time but it was the best decision I've ever made.

I'm 24 years old and not getting any younger so it's time to start my own book. Time to move on from this small town and better my life.

I was raised in an amazing family don't get me wrong, but we were never perfect. I've had my ups and downs but always seemed to find my way. Mostly everything that happen in my life was never looked at as a negative, more like a learning experience; which I believe everyone should look at it is.

"Alright mom, stop crying. I'll be visiting as much as possible! I love you." I started to tear up because I'm officially leaving the nest.

"I'm trying but I'm letting my baby go! Have a safe trip I love you too." Tears fell from her face, not of sadness but of joy.

I finally made my way over to check in.

"Hi welcome to JFK, may I have your boarding pass and ID, please?"

"Sure here you go."

"California? I've always wanted to travel there. What brings you?"

"CHANGE. I want to start a new chapter in my life."

"That's wonderful, I hope you enjoy yourself. Good luck."

I take my things and board the plane. I just started to think to myself "finally a fresh start."

Note: I know this was a little boring and short but I really felt you should get to know Liz before we jump into all the good stuff. Hopefully you guys keep reading, xoxo.