Change of Heart

•Sorry for any errors if you find any•

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lizzie's sisters officially sucked.

With Desiree gone, I thought the problem was solved. I automatically assumed that this hellish nightmare was over. I obviously thought too soon and too kindly. Lizzie remained still and quiet after her sister vanished. There was a cold, calculated look on her face and just a tad bit of confusion mixed in, too. The females of the pack remained gathered in a daze until Lizzie said something to them while making quick hand movements. Like a spell being broken, they snapped out of their reverie.

They were immediately relieved to see their Luna safe and sound beside them but then the situation came back to them and they must've wanted to know what happened because they all began to speak at once. I moved out of my hiding spot at the same time the real ruckus began.

Howls and shouts along with the sound of crashing objects commenced from the pack house, making my heart stop. Something wasn't right. Lizzie whirled around, staring at the large house with wide fearful eyes. Using her insane demonic speed, she appeared as a blur entering the house. The females of the pack began to shift and enter the house as well.

Meanwhile, I stood there, staring at the pack house letting my senses take over. I made myself deeply inhale the blood tainting the air. My ears quickly adapted to the sound of a battle. I could taste the fur and sweat coming off our kind, as weird as that seemed.

At that moment I let pure instinct guide me as I ran for the house to enter the chaos. If all I ever did was make things worse, then so be it.

♦♦♦♦♦

Rogues were everywhere and they were different from before. Something extremely feral and animalistic wielded their minds. Their defense and offense was vicious, reminding me of frenzied sharks.

I pressed myself against the walls and managed to escape mostly everyone's attention. My eyes frantically darted everywhere, witnessing wolves getting slaughtered. When they landed on a large wolf fighting off two wolves, I stopped to stare. The wolf had gleaming raven black fur and striking dark eyes. The familiar power of an alpha radiated off him and I instantly recognized the strong wolf as my brother.

Distracted by the two wolves repeatedly launching themselves at him, he didn't notice the slick gray wolf come up. It edged its way behind him, wicked intent clear in its eyes. For the strangest second of my life, I was intending to stay put and let the gray wolf do what it had to do. With Xander finally out of the way, I would be Alpha. I would have power, beauty, and anything I could've asked for. It was the ideal picture.

But what about Lizzie? The loss of a mate was not a pretty sight. I couldn't do that to her. Especially not after she just saved my soul from literally being taken by one of her sisters. Despite my tendency to cause great peril, I needed to do something.

I let my wolf rise while remaining in human form. At first, I couldn't feel my wolf at all. A great panic attack began and my breath caught. Then a sputter of a spark flamed within me and I grasped onto it with all my might. The gray rogue bit down on Xander's tail and he yelped in response, trying to shake the rogue off. A brown rogue that he was facing off pounced onto his back, tearing at his neck while a third rogue latched onto his leg, bringing him down.

Where was Lizzie?! I thought as I threw myself into the throng of the battle. I dodged swiping paws and snapping jaws with ease. Xander saw me fighting my way over to him and instead of the relief I expected to see, there was disappointment and fear. He closed his eyes and my world stopped. Was he dead?

I grasped the brown rogue ontop of him by neck. It launched sharpened claws at my face but I slashed its throat with my own claws. I kicked the gray wolf aside with a strong kick to the head and when it came to the last rogue, I did the most inhumane thing ever by biting its neck and tearing his head off with my hands.

With the heap of wolves off him, Xander's dark eyes opened and I sighed in relief, dropping to my knees. "Are you okay?" The concern, worry, and fear in my voice surprised us both.

His eyes widened in shock and disbelief but quickly warmed to something else. He licked my face before dashing off into the battle again.

I thought you weren't going to save him. The twisted voice in my head muttered to me.

"I had a change of heart. Screw you."

People don't change, Lily. You'll see.

I ignored what it was saying and turned around to face the battle once more. The number of rogues was dwindling and I suddenly knew we were going to be okay. This battle would be over.

For now...

♦♦♦♦♦

Fan, vote, comment!!!

It's short, but at least it's an update. Hehe(: I'll most likely make the next chapter longer.

Thanks for reading :)