Thin Ice

The weather for the  past few days have been nice and cool. It was that time of the year when it would snow a lot outside. But today was not that day. It was time to do something fun with friends.

I decided to gather the entire team, or as we like to call it 'Teamiplier' together. It included Mark, Amy, Tyler, Kathryn, Ethan and lastly me. I had called earlier saying I would take them somewhere to have some fun. Mark had been inside all day making gaming videos that I felt he needed some fresh air for once. But it would be more like fresh cold air. We all needed someplace to go and shake off the indoor laziness.

Amy and Kathryn were both excited to join in because I told them where we were going. It would be more of a surprise to the guys.

I drove over to his house and picked Mark up. He was wrapped up in his red scarf, a warm jacket and gloves on both hands as he walked to the car.

"Wow, it's really cold out there," he said once he was in the car. "So, uh, where are we going?"

"Its sort of a surprise adventure. You'll find out once we get there." Everyone else was gathered at Kat's house so I drove there after getting Mark. We managed to squeeze everyone in the car even though it was really small. Tyler had rather long legs which made the person sitting in the front feel a little uncomfortable.

"Sorry, guys. I should get a bigger car so we can go on more rides together," I apologized. 

"We could take Mark's van," Amy suggested. "But we would need to move a couple of things in the back." It wasn't a bad idea but maybe we would take the van for another trip. 

"We'll do that the next time we all hang out, yeah? Now on we go!" Mark said as he turned on the car radio.  After several minutes, we reached the parking lot of the ice skating rink that just opened recently.

When the guys saw the sign on the building, they looked at me with shock. "(Y/n), why didn't you tell us about this?" asked Ethan.

I replied, "Well I saw no reason to trouble you with preparing for ice skating and I brought extra gloves for you guys. Also, I told Amy and Kathryn about it."

The guys looked at them but Amy and Kathryn just shrugged their shoulders.

"Come on, let's get inside already," Tyler said, opening the car door. The rest followed him out of the car. I turned the car off and walked into the building.

Inside, the air was slightly warmer than outside but not as much. Many people were already on the rink skating to their heart's content. I handed Tyler, Mark, and Ethan their gloves and proceeded to pay the fee. The person at the counter handed us our ice skating shoes and we tied it on.

We slowly made our way to the rink. I was about to step on the ice but I hesitated. Mark came up to me and asked, "Hey, what's wrong?"  

"Um, I actually haven't ice skated before and...I'm scared that I might fall and die."

"That's a little dramatic don't you think?"

"It seems a reasonable fear. I could slip and break my neck or my skull and bleed out. It would be kinda risky," I explained to him.

Just then, Ethan and Tyler went past me and slowly got onto the ice. Ethan said to me, "You don't have to be afraid, (y/n). We can slowly learn from our master of skating here, Tyler-sensei."

I was surprised to see that Tyler knew how to skate. I giggled and turned to Mark. "Will you catch me if I fall?" I asked.

"Of course, you know I will." He smiled and then nudged me toward the ice. I placed one foot forward, holding onto the side railing. I placed my other foot and glided towards Tyler and Ethan with Mark holding my hand.

Amy and Kathryn were holding onto each other, being careful not to slip and followed just behind me and Mark. Together, Tyler slowly taught me and Ethan how to properly skate. I felt nervous moving around on the ice. Mark held my hand as he guided me while Tyler did the same for Ethan.

I slipped a couple of times and eventually landed heavily on my ass. Mark and Amy helped me up and gave me encouragement to keep going even though my legs were shaking. I took their advise and kept practising what Tyler said to do and push myself forward.

After a few tries, Ethan got the hang of it and skated round the rink like a pro. He began making fancy movements and gestures that all figure skaters did. It reminded me of the anime, Yuri On Ice. Mark challenged Tyler to a race, which ended with Tyler beating him to the finish line. Amy, Kathryn and I were casually skating together round the rink. When Mark was defeated, he then joined us and we skated together.

He held onto my gloved hand. His felt warm in mine, and that gave me comfort. I was distracted by the hand holding that I didn't notice where I was going.

The wall was getting closer and I couldn't stop myself. Mark tried to pull me back but I slipped and we both fell towards the ice. I landed on top of him, causing him to groan with pain. I quickly rolled off of him. "I'm so so sorry, Mark. Are you okay?"

He slowly pushed himself up from the cold ice. "Yup, I'm fine...just a little winded."

I pushed myself up and helped him to his feet. "Are any of your bones broken? Do you want to take a break?" I asked with concern in my voice.

He waved me off with a smile on his face. "Its okay, (y/n). I'm fine, but what about you?"

"Huh? Its nothing. I was the one who was stupid enough to get distracted."

"But I did catch you, didn't I?" I realised what he meant and I blushed.

"Come, let me help you to the seats." I dragged Mark to the benches so he could rest his legs although he wanted to continue skating .

After several minutes, the rest of them stepped off the ice and we took a break at the next door burger joint. It was the best outing we had that week for Teamiplier.

---

{A/N: hi hi everyone thanks so much for voting on this story. I really appreciate the support. Hope u all enjoyed this chapter...BTW cant wait for next season of YOI haha thanks for reading! }