CHAPTER 7

●○

" Vo apki aul mumma ki photo mammu ke phone mey dekhi thi meyne kal.k Aapko patta hey kal mumma apne bday mey bahut loyi. " Ruhaan said, his tone depicted his sadness.

'Birthday? Kal tho meri Sanyu ka birthday tha. Kahi ye such mey.. Par mammu? Ankit tho nafrat karta hey mere Sanyu se. .phir yeh!' Randhir was having a inner battle with himself. He was confused whom to believe and who not to.

" Apke mammu? "

" Haan Parth mammu. Par na vo humesha vids ke saath busy rehtey hey " Ruhaan giggled recalling his two most favourites after his mom.

Randhir? He forgot to breathe. A lump formed at his throat as he got on his knees, facing the boy.

"Aapke mumma ka naam bata sakte hey aap." He asked looking ruhaan at with hope in his eyes.

"Chanyukta Shekawath "

The mere name of his wife brought tears to his eyes. He couldn't feel anything. He was blank. Neither his expressions gave away what he felt nor the fact that the he had a son. He could only think of how his wife would have survived with his flesh in her womb, the way he ill treated her when she should have been showered with his love. But what did he do? Push her out of his life, played with her feelings, trusted an outsider over his love and broke her to an extent that he lost her forever. Though his face couldn't convey his emotions, his tears gave away everything hidden beneath the cold facade he wore.

Randhir felt tiny palms wipe his tears, breaking his train of thoughts. He looked at his flesh, who looked sad for making his father cry. Randhir noticed the resemblance between them. They had the same nose and lips. He looked totally like Randhir. His hair colour to the way he spoke made it so obvious but maybe he was too blind to not notice it before. His eyes, the same hazel eyes resembling his wife looked vulnerable now.

"Dadda, am sowwy I made you cry. I am so bad I made my dadda cry. Please don't hate me. I love you dadda" Ruhaan hicupped sobbing, his nose red and cheeks puffy from all the crying. Randhir shook his head and took his son in his arms as they cried their hearts out. Randhir felt out of the world, he was craving for his wife all this while and today here he was with his son, wrapped around his arms. A son, who he didn't know even existed. Randhir soothed the bundle of joy in his arms, kissing his face like maniacs making his son giggle. He liked the sound of that. It so reminded him of her. Maybe coming to paanchgani was not that bad of an idea. If he knew he would find his life here, he would have been here long before his son came into this world. He cursed himself for putting his son and wife through hell, how he wish he could go back to the past and reverse everything. Alas he can't change his past but he can change the future!

"Hey champ, am sorry. You are not a bad boy. "Tum mere bete ho. ..mere aur mere Sanyu ke bete. Tum zinda ho. My son.. I am so sorry. Maaf kardo papa ko. I hate myself. I hate myself." Randhir chanted in a chocked voice, with flowing eyes.

"Am sorry I couldn't recognise you, Papa is sorry beta. I am sorry for making you cry, am sorry for making your mumma cry. But trust me Ruhaan papa loves you both. He has missed you both, papa is very bad beta. Very bad. But am never going to leave you again. I made a mistake 5 years ago , I won't repeat the same mistake again. Am sorry. I love you."  Randhir caressed his face, kissing his palms in between.

Ruhaan smiled and kissed Randhir's palm making Randhir tear up once again. 

"Dadda, it's okay. Mujhe patta hey you love us. Aap esliye vapis aagaye na? Patta hey meyne friend se kaha tha ki vo aap ko bhejde. Aab aap humale saath he rahoge na? Mumma Phil se smile kalegi na? " Asked the innocent soul with lots of hope in his eyes.

"Yes, papa Aapko aur aapki mumma ko chodke aab kahi nahi jayenge.Never! Par Aapko meri ek help karni hogi champ. Aap papa ki help karoge na?"

"Yess dadda. Ruhaan Singh Shekawath will help you." The little soul declared in his wobbly voice and the duo giggled at his tone.

○○

"Doctor what's wrong with her? Is she fine? " Vidushi asked with a chocked voice.

"She is not fine Vidushi.  Her sugar level had dropped drastically because of which she went into cardiac arrest. We could have lost her if she wasn't hospitalised on time. So much stress is not good for her health. I had already warned you both the last time, one more attack and am afraid she won't be able to make it. " Dr Batra, their family doctor said leaving them in a daze.

"Attack? But she didn't show any symptom of an attack. She fainted doctor, what are you even talking about! " Parth exclaimed as this came as a shock.

"There is no way she didn't feel the pain Parth. But may be she ignored it. Something triggered the attack and she just couldn't hold anymore and collapsed. If you hadn't brought her in time we could have lost her forever. You must know this Parth, she was dead for a minute but we revived her. She is very lucky,  because this is her third attack and she survived it, which happens very rarely. But this may not be the case next time. There should never be a next time. Her heart is week Parth and the only way to keep her from danger is to keep her happy." The doctor said taking his leave while Vidushi cried her heart out blaming herself  for her best friend cum bhabhi's condition.

"Ruhaan" Sanyukta wishpered in her state of sleep unaware that her son was just two rooms away from her.

○●

** Cliffhanger! Yes but I won't make you guys wait for a long time this time. 70+ votes and the next chapter will be up 😊

Sorry for the delay. Was busy with my college works and exams. I will do my best to compensate for the months I missed. I missed all my readers and writer friends. Hope you haven't forgotten me..love you all 😙 Will see you soon again.

Please do let me know , what would you like to read next tomorrow!
a) Two hearts One Soul
b) A accident of bliss
Choice is yours.

Do vote and  comment your views on the story and let me know what you want to read tomorrow. And as promised, as soon as the chapter crosses 70 votes, the next chapter will be up. The chapter is typed and ready already.

~ Word count - 1204 words ~

This chapter is dedicated to all the people who inboxed me asking for the story. ( especially you pooja919 ) Keep loving the story and keep reading. Will be back tomorrow with Two hearts one soul / A accident of bliss. Stay tuned!**