CHAPTER 8

●○

Tring Tring 📞

Sanyukta's phone  phone buzzed with a phone call only to be received by her best friend.

"Hello ma'am we are calling from city hospital, Your son Ruhaan Shekawath had been admitted here after a minor accident. Please reach here as soon as possible." And with that the line went dead.

Vidushi paled listening to the word 'accident'. While parth who noted the changes in her expression enquired her about the call.

"Ruhaan. . Accident! " is all which came out as she sat with a thud. Parth's eyes were wide as sweet beads formed on his forehead. Vidushi who was crying until now,stood up facing Parth.

"He is admitted in the City hospital. He is nearby. We need to make sure he is okay." Said a crying Vidushi, while parth tried hi best to console her. 'Ruhaan had to be fine. He had to be okay' He prayed for his sister and his nephew. Life was cruel to them, he had pledged to protect Sanyukta and Ruhaan as his own blood. But he failed. They almost lost Sanyukta and now the news of Ruhaan's accident came as a block of ice thrown at them.

"Let's go, Ruhaan shouldn't know about Sanyukta's situation. I will tell the nurse to be with her until we are back." Parth said as they walked towards the reception area.

■ ■

Sanyukta was asleep under the affect of medications. Yet her lips didn't stop murmuring , whispering her son's name in the state of sleep she felt a familiar touch. A hand caressed her hair as tears escaped from the unknowns orbs.

"I am sorry" The voice whispered as he broke down.. crying his heart out. He hugged her sleeping frame, his heart crying at her condition. The tubes attached to her body and her pale skin irked him the most. The dry tear stains indicating that she had been crying.

'Of course she had been crying.' Hid conscience mockwd him. He was the reason behind her vulnerability.  He wished he could go back in time and fix his mistakes but time can't be reversed and he had to pay.. for what he sow, will he reap!

Flashback

□ □

"Doctor what's wrong with her? Is she fine? " Vidushi asked with a chocked voice.

Randhir who was on his way to purchase the medicines for his son saw a crying Vidushi with Parth trying to console her. His heartbeats quickened as he followed them. They were talking to a doctor. 'What was wrong?  Is she fine?  Is something wrong in his sister's life?' He was worried, his expression soon turned to one of confusion when Vidushi asked the doctor about 'her'.. who was 'her'? His heart came to a standstill as his eyes searched for her.. His wife. 'Is something wrong with her? Were they talking about his Sanyukta?' The possibility if Sanyukta being in danger was enough to drain the colour from his face. He diverted his attention to the doctor, hoping they were not talking about her.

"She is not fine Vidushi.  Her sugar level had dropped drastically because of which she went into cardiac arrest. We could have lost her if she wasn't hospitalised on time. So much stress is not good for her health. I had already warned you both the last time, one more attack and am afraid she won't be able to make it. " Dr Batra, their family doctor said leaving them in a daze.

Randhir felt his heart skip a beat. 'Cardiac arrest! Almost lost her! No this wasn't his Sanyukta!' His heart screamed as the desperation to see her grew ounces more.

"Attack? But she didn't show any symptom of an attack. She fainted doctor, what are you even talking about! " Parth exclaimed as this came as a shock.

"There is no way she didn't feel the pain Parth. But may be she ignored it. Something triggered the attack and she just couldn't hold anymore and collapsed. If you hadn't brought her in time we could have lost her forever. You must know this Parth, she was dead for a minute but we revived her. She is very lucky,  because this is her third attack and she survived it, which happens very rarely. But this may not be the case next time. There should never be a next time. Her heart is week Parth and the only way to keep her from danger is to keep her happy." The doctor said taking his leave while Vidushi cried her heart out blaming herself  for her best friend cum bhabhi's condition.

"Ruhaan" Sanyukta wishpered in her state of sleep unaware that her son was just two rooms away from her.

Randhir wanted to make sure that it wasn't his wife. He had to do something to distract them. He couldn't check until they were here. He had to do something. And that's exactly what he did. He diverted their attention to Ruhaan

□ □

The doctors words rang in his ears as Randhir saw the pale face of his wife. The fact that she was dead for a minute scared him. She was to be kept happy and him being back to their lives can worsen her situation. And he couldn't let that happen. He had to go away..but he knew he couldn't. Not after this! Never again!

"I know you hate me. But I know you love me more than you hate me. Am sorry I left you alone. You were all alone. You had to raise our son alone. You and Ruhaan had to hear taunts  from this society. But not anymore. I am not going to repeat my mistake. I know I have been the worst husband and the worst father. But I promise you, you will see a changed Randhir. I am sorry for hurting you, but I am going to make it up to you. Only this time I can't come in front of you until you are ready. But I will be there and I know how!"

●○

** So here it is. Randhir knows of Sanyukta's condition. And he has made a decision. But what is on his mind? Will he leave or stay? To know what happens next keep reading "Bleeding Hearts" 

Will he posting my other stories today as well..I was supposed to post it on Tuesday, but am late. Was not well,but am better now.

RoomHates, The Cupid Mistake, Two hearts one soul and Accident of bliss also coming up today! So gear up and be ready for the ride.

If you are curious about updates, You can find the week's update list in the conversation box.

I was thinking of new cover for all my books. If possible can anyone make one for Bleeding hearts. Let me know soon guys.

Now back to the chapter. Hope you enjoyed reading the chapter. I will update the next chapter sooner if I get a good response. I am really disappointed with the views and votes. Hopefully it will be back on tracks soon. Do vote and leave your views in the comment box. Lots of love. Until next time!

Target - 75+ votes

Word count ~ 1192 words **