CHAPTER 6

●○

"Patient ko hoosh aagaya hey. Aap mil sakte hey Vusse " The nurse chipped with a pleasent smile.

Randhir steeped inside the ward to see Ruhaan analysing him. His face brightened and he said the one word which him freeze on his tracks.

"Dadda"

Ruhaan had a bright smile on his face while Randhir looked pale. .as though he had seen a ghost.

The doctor walked in as Randhir stood numb. He checked the little boy and much to his astonishment the boy glared at him. 'Did he interupt something?' Asked his brain. He shook off all the thoughts and started checking the child.

"Mr. Shekawath your son is totally fine now. You can take him home after some more formalities. " The Doctor said gulping hard, looking at the father - son duo.

"Here take these medicines little guy. " The nurse chipped , making Ruhaan frown at her words.

"Am not a wittle guy. I am Ruhaan Shekawath. " He said cutely , and the nurse cooed at his cuteness pulling his cheeks.

Randhir was receiving attacks after attacks. While the word 'Dadda' brought tears to his eyes, The child's name took it to another level. 'No of course , he is not my son' he thought sighing. How he wish the little bundle over there was a part of Sanyukta and him. But he himself ruined his chance. 'I am a murderer ' His heart cried.

○ ○

"Sanyukta, kuch khalo please. Aisa bhooki rahogi tho ruhaan ko kaise dhund paogi. " Parth said trying to make her understand.

"Mera bacha bhooka hoga parth. Vo mil jayega na, toh vusi ke saath kha lungi. " Well she was a stubborn one herself and was no less than a child. Parth shook his head in disappointment looking at vidushi who blinked her eyes in assurance.

"Acha khaana nahi hey tho juice tho pe sakti ho. Thodi energy milegi aur hum ruhaan ko jaldi dhund payenge." Vidushi said playing her master stroke and found the glass empty in less than a minute.

"Chalo Ruhaan ko dhundte hey. Vo wait kar raha hey meri." Sanyukta said immediately and stood up to proceed with a new found energy only to fall on the ground. . Unconscious.

○ ○

At one side As Randhir stood staring at Ruhaan with confusion in his eyes. Ruhaan stated back but with a twinkle in his eyes. They were alone in the room, with no one to disturb them.

"Aap abhi kaise feel kar rahey ho?" Randhir asked, initiating the conversation. He was genuinely worried for the kid.

"Am bettel Dadda" The child said with a pretty smile, showing off his dimples.

"Aap Mujhe Dadda kyun bulatey ho?" Randhir asked , his eyebrows creased in confusion.

"Kyun ki aap mere Dadda ho" Ruhaan grinned while Randhir's heart came to a standstill as he registered the child's words.

"Aap ko koi misundersting hui hogi beta. Mey apka Dadda nahi hun." He said with shivering voice. Tears rained from Ruhaan's eyes breaking Randhir's heart.

He so wished he could soothe the child and tell him everything is going to be fine. But he couldn't lie to the boy by telling that he was indeed his father. It had to be done one way or the other.

"Aap nalaz ho mujhse Dadda? Aap humse pyaal nahi kalte? I am solly Dadda. I plomise mey masti nahi kalunga. Aap ghar aajao na.. mumma toh husti bhi nahi hey. Vo aapko miss kalti hey." He little boy said, his eyes turned red and cheeks were pink. Ruhaan cried causing Randhir to take him in his arms.

"Shoo little man, shoo. Shant hojao champ. " Randhir wiped his tears and cleaned his face with a kerchief. Ruhaan looked at his father in awe and blinked his eyes innocently, making Randhir smile.

"Now tell me, aapko kyun lagta hey ke mey aapka papa hun? Kisine kaha aapse? " Randhir asked to which Ruhaan nooded negatively.

"Toh phir? "

" Vo Meyne photo dekha vus dinn. " Ruhaan said to Randhir who looked at him confused again.

"Photo? Kaisa photo? "

□ □

"Ruhaan. Aap.. Aap ko kuch kehana hey? "

"Haan, parth maamu aap udaas maath ho. Mumma ka gucha. .cho hojayega jaldi. " He said grinning.

Ruhaan saw his mamu's sad face and understood that he got his mother angry for reasons unknown to him and tried to console him the best, a trait he got from his mother.
He took parth's mobile kept on the table and started playing games. And by mistake his hand clicked on the gallery. He was going to close the tab while his eyes fell on the smiling picture of his mother. His fingers started moving on its according flipping photos after photos. He was confused to see a unknown man along with them. 'Who was this man? And what was he doing with his mumma,masi and mamu. ' And he then saw a picture and all his doubts cleared in a blink of his eye. 'Dadda' was the only word he uttered looking at that picture. It was a picture of Sanyukta and Randhir on the day of their marriage. Yes, a wedding photo. Not just one but many. The phone rang showing 'Randhir Calling'📞 and he smiled widely looking at the caller pic.

□ □

" Vo apki aul mumma ki photo mammu ke phone mey dekhi thi meyne kal.k Aapko patta hey kal mumma apne bday mey bahut loyi. " Ruhaan said, his tone depicted his sadness.

'Birthday? Kal tho meri Sanyu ka birthday tha. Kahi ye such mey.. Par mammu? Ankit tho nafrat karta hey mere Sanyu se. .phir yeh!' Randhir was having a inner battle with himself. He was confused whom to believe and who not to.

" Apke mammu? "

" Haan Parth mammu. Par na vo humesha vids ke saath busy rehtey hey " Ruhaan giggled recalling his two most favourites after his mom.

Randhir? He forgot to breathe. A lump formed at his throat as he got on his knees, facing the boy.

"Aapke mumma ka naam bata sakte hey aap." He asked looking ruhaan at with hope in his eyes.

"Chanyukta Shekawath "

●○

** Here it is. The most awaited chapter. I know bahut intezaar karvaya sab ko. Hope it was worth your wait.

And i have a task for you all. Only three people have responded to it so far. Like I said before there are many writers and non writers here. Everyone has different ideas of how they want the lead character to be like. So I am going to give you all an equal chance to decide on the charactersketch for Randhir & Sanyukta in my new upcoming story "Room#ates" Just keep the title in mind .. its called Room#ates for a reason. Now your task is to give your idea's on how do you want the lead characters to be like. No one word or one line business please. You have to describe. And one in the lot will be selected for Room#ates. Inbox me what you want.

So back to the story now.Randhir finally knows about Ruhaan. Sanyukta is unconscious. . What do you think will happen now?.. To know more keep reading. Target - 80+ Next chapter in 5 days after the target completes. This chapter is dedicated to all my dear reader's. Missed you all !

~ 1199 words ~

Do vote if you like the story and leave your views in the comment box.**

Love you all
Signing off
Monisha 'aka' Mona