five

"... the last boy I dated, we ruined each other's lives. It's been hard to trust new people ever since. I don't want to hurt you or be hurt again. So-" Jughead cut you off.

"Y/N, I promise, no matter what, you won't be hurt like that ever again."

You blinked in response, not entirely believing what Jughead had promised. "You say that, but do you really mean it?" The bell above the door rang, but you ignored it.

"I do. I mean it. If you want to-"

"Hey! Buttercup!"

Your head turned a 180. It was Fangs and Sweet Pea. "What the hell? What are you guys doing here?"

"We're going to the quarry, you still coming?" asked Fangs.

"Yeah, we planned this months ago. You promised," Sweet Pea added, making his way over to where you and Jughead sat.

"Shit, I forgot," you muttered, getting up. 

"Let's go, buttercup," Sweet Pea called you by your rarely used nickname ever too often but you didn't mind. You found your way to the door but stopped and turned back to the boy behind the computer screen. "You can come with us if you want," you offered. He looked up. 

"Uh, I'd rather not, but thanks, Y/N."

You shrugged. "Your loss," you told him, waving goodbye.

"Race you to the quarry!" Sweet Pea yelled, starting his engine.

"Hey that's not fair, I'm not even on my bike yet!" You complained, putting on your helmet. Fangs and SP left you in the dust, but not for long.

~

You sped down the road, quickly catching up with the two boys. An unseen smile crept onto your lips under your tinted helmet as you continued to speed down the street, determined that you would win the pointless race. And, somehow, you did win. 

Sweet Pea stomped off his motorcycle, throwing off his helmet, causing it to slam into the dirt. He shouted utter nonsense off the cliff that echoed back to the three friends. You laughed, bowing to a nonexistent audience. Fangs just shook his head in disbelief.  A couple whose makeout session was interrupted by the commotion gave shocking looks to the group. Fangs gestured for the couple to leave as you hopped on Sweet Pea's back, ruffling his dark locks. He dumped you off his back making you smack onto the rough ground. 

Once Sweet Pea had stopped screaming and you had stopped laughing, Fangs asked, "Did you guys bring bathing suits?"

"Shit. Well, I'm not going all the way back to my house after this epic victory," SP gave you a look as you threw off your serpent jacket and shoes. Fangs stared, as well as Sweet Pea as your shirt came off. "Jesus, grow up you pigs," you grunted, running to get some distance before plunging off the cliff and into the lake. 

"I still can't believe you broke up with her, SP," commented Fangs.

~~~

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH 

ok i wanted some drama with sweet pea because i mean, the man is a god. just look at him.

not even ashamed to call him daddy (LmAO)

thanks for reading, leave a comment! 

xo