seven

"Jug?"

"Who the hell are you?" Sweet Pea growled, stepping closer to Jughead. 

You stood up, blocking SP from attacking him. "Sweet Pea, this is Jughead Jones."

"Jones? Like FP's kid?" Fangs asked Jughead nodded. "Nice to finally meet you, man." 

"Yeah, and we were just leaving," grumbled Sweet Pea, finding his way to his motorcycle. 

You sighed, disappointed in SP for hardly acknowledging your friend. 

"Y/N?" Jughead called out to you. 

You turned in his direction. "Now's not a good time, Jug. I'll see you tomorrow at school," you told him plainly, put your shirt back on and started your engine. 

"Y/N, wait!" Jughead yelled, but you had already driven off. 

~

Dinner had been quieter than you'd like, awkward even. Fangs and your mother clearly enjoyed the meal, but even Sweet Pea hardly touched his, despite what he had said an hour before. You didn't even bother saying goodbye to your friends, just went up to your room silently. 

It was hard to fall asleep that night, half of it was spent aimlessly staring at the ceiling. You wished Pea would get over his feelings for you. Of course, you had because what he did couldn't be forgiven so easily. 

Flashback

"Oh my god, I remember that! I still can't believe you did that, Pea," you giggled, gripping tight onto Sweet Pea's arm. He rocked his head back, bellowing out a large laugh that didn't last long at all. 

"Hands where I can see them!" yelled a voice. The smiled quickly crept off your mauve lips. It was a ghoulie. 

Somehow the confidence drained from Sweet Pea's body and he tensed up, stepping away from you slowly. You put your hands up, scared for your life. The ghoulie grabbed you and held a knife to your neck. Sweet Pea ran. And you screamed.

"SWEET PEA! DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME HERE!" Sweet Pea ran like the wind.

"Shut up you serpent bitch. Where's your big strong man to save you now?" The ghoulie taunted, inching the knife closer to your neck. "HELP!!" you screamed. 

"I said shut up!" he swiped the knife across your neck, leaving a crimson gash of blood. This time you didn't scream, you cried, not because of the pain, but because Sweet Pea left you alone. The ghoulie continued to throw you to the ground and kick you, leaving you laying in the street.

End of Flashback

The wave of horrible memories washed over you as a single salty tear fell down your nose. Your hand was brought to your neck which sported a scar. You couldn't forgive Sweet Pea in that moment. He claimed that he ran to get help, but help never came. After all, you wouldn't have known because you found the strength to get up and walk home. 

And because of this traumatizing event, you had broken up with Sweet Pea. He broke the first law: A serpent never shows cowardice. He still loved you and was more than sorry, but you felt the opposite. 

You wished for whatever type of relationship you and Jughead had, that he would never abandon you. You had to be able to trust someone with all your heart again, and maybe, just maybe, Jughead was that person.

~~~

YEE hello my friends! The reads on this story are slowly climbing up so thank you for reading! I hope you liked this chapter, quite interesting, yes? :)

xo