eleven

Jughead was coming to Southside High, and still, it couldn't cross your mind. You left Toni's house early because you didn't want to be around with her when she gave Jughead his 'tour' of the beaten up school. 

You had finally decided to buy a lock for your locker since no matter what you put in it, someone stole it. You should've known better though because forgetting your most prized notebook in it all weekend was the worst mistake you've ever made. It contained your most private thoughts, not a diary, you insisted it wasn't a diary. You were smart enough to write in code that only a few people knew. But it was gone, and the only person you thought to ask was Toni. 

Pushing past the crowds of people, you found Toni by the entrance of the school where the metal detectors stood, along with the security guards who didn't seem to care about how many drugs were being consumed in the halls. 

"-we'll just wing it-"

you interrupted, "Toni, by any chance have you seen my-" You met eyes with the person you've been trying to avoid for months. He looked you up and down and suddenly you couldn't speak because of embarrassment. 

"Hey, Y/N. How's life been treating ya?" Jughead asked. 

"It could be better," you frowned and turned on your heel, walking in the other direction to behind the school where you were sure your other friends would be- the cafeteria.

~

"Hey!"

You perked up at a side conversation between Jughead and Toni.

"You wanna get through this? You should hang with the serpents. If the ghoulies get a whiff that you're alone and vulnerable, they'll make you their bitch faster than you can say 'American history Ex." She turned from Jughead and sat next to you. 

"Isn't that FP's kid? Why isn't he sitting with us?" a fellow serpent asked.

"He's a lone wolf, apparently," Toni took her camera off and set it on the table with engraved words.

"If he thinks he's gonna 'get through this' alone, he's insane."

"He'll realize soon enough that the serpents are the ones to be around," Fogarty commented, smiling. 

~~~

i am aware i haven't updated in months and i apologize from the bottom of my heart, but i think this story may be actually going somewhere and i can't wait to see where i take it next. love you, thanks for reading <3