.04.

Jaebum walked out from the cafeteria, munching on a triangle gimbap happily. He paused by big window and sat down on the bench to take a rest for a moment. He let out an audible sigh left his lips as he paused in his steps. "Why does the cafeteria have to be three floors above me. It's so tiring to walk here and there and back again."

He looked around and sighed again in annoyance as a random ghost passed by him, sending a chilling breeze down to his spine. Hi eyes shifted away as they found themselves on a few ghosts that were wandering around the hallway. "If only I had my glasses with me." He muttered to himself.

Much to his surprise all the ghosts in sight, looked up from their idle business and froze for a good breath or two. They quickly glanced around nervously before whirling into thin air, leaving the site in a hurry. Jaebum managed to witnessed it from the corner of his eyes, a little curious but he simply shrugged it away. At least he can eat in peace now. 

His gaze turned out to the window to the see the hospital gardens below as he took another bite of his snack and he realized something. "Oh right... I haven't seen that ghost since last night.. Where did he go."

Jaebum looked around as if expecting him to be behind him, following him around as per usual, but he only to find doctors and patients in the hall within his sight. There wasn't even a ghost a single ghost. Not even a whisper of a dead. He shrugged. This is the first time in days that the ghost finally left him alone and he was about to enjoy it.

Just then a there was a flash of black hair and a familiar pale face. Jaebum wasn't even surprised. He grunted, surpassing his urge to groan in annoyance. They always come out at times when he was beginning to think he was free. "Oh.. I was expecting you. Hmnn." His gimbap just suddenly tasted stale and and he was no longer in the mood to eat.

"Turn around! I need to hide!!!" Jinyoung quickly ran behind Jaebum, putting his hands on the other's shoulders. Jaebum only felt as if a cold breeze fluttered on his shoulders.

"What? Hey stop that. What is wrong with you-"

"SHHH! They're coming! Shhh!" Jinyoung ducked under the taller young man. 

Jaebum looked around. "What? What is?" And then he spotted it. A flash of black fabric strode into view. Each step it took was proud and sure. Among the daily chatters of the cheery hall, Jaebum can feel the dread of death on his throat. He gulped down, not understanding what the fear was.

A ghost.. No, not a ghost. A grim reaper. A spirit whose only purpose in existing was to guide those deceased to the afterlife.

"Why are you hiding behind me?!" Jaebum hissed.

"Shh! I told you to be quiet!!!"

"Why are you being mad at me-"

"Please.. I can't get caught! I- I can't die now...."

Jaebum looked over his shoulder and scoffed. "You're already dead."

Shit- I shouldn't have said that. Jaebum quickly regretted his words. Though he could not see the ghost behind him, he can feel the deep sorrow and regret spewing in the air like some thick miasma. He quickly felt bad and looked down on the floor, biting his lips.

But it was true... He was dead.... Right?

"She's gone." Jaebum told the ghost behind him as he witnessed the grim reaper teleporting, disintegrating into thin air.

Jinyoung peered over Jaebum's tall shoulders before he exhaled. "Wheww. That was so close."

"Wait a sec." Jaebum took out his phone and placed it on his ears before he bore his eyes on the ghost and spoke to him. "Why are you running away?"