If I fall

What if I fall?

He became her words.

She found herself telling strangers about him.

He became real in her stories.

She found herself wishing him to be just real.

He became a legend.

She found herself smiling.

He became her life.

She found herself writing a vivid narrative of her life, Him.

ZAIE

"Ethan, where is he?" I asked him.

"Help yourself to get up, he's not real, stop drowning yourself" instead of answering my question, he's giving me a piece of shit, an advice, again.

He left, years ago, but I can't help it, I miss him so bad.

"As you desire to rescue him in the depths of his dash, you forget that you are not able to swim." He added, I'm wondering what he is even doing here? He's always here saying such things like this, I'm so tired hearing those

"He's existing for goodness sake, stop fooling me! He's real! It's just that he left for a moment! Ethan, he's not my delusion, please, help me to find him." I shouted as loud as I could and he hugged me to calm myself but I can't, I just can't.

I can't understand them, they're all saying that he is not real, that he's not even existing and all I could do is to just cry and sob for a thousand times, I'm so desperate to see him, to talk to him again, I want him back here in my life, I want my life back.

And if he can't go back here, I just wanted to end my life. Where is he? Why did he leave me hanging?

ETHAN

How I wished I could help her, she deserves something better than this, not this kind of life twist.

Being in a friend zone sucks sometimes, I wish she could see as more than her friend.

Everything is dying, our hearts, our hope.

She showed me the most damaged part of her soul, the kind of scars written so deeply in her cells that I can't even see them anymore, only recognize them in someone else's. It was the messiness and pain in her past that drove her insane.

Maybe we are just connected at a subdermal level of hurt, nothing more.

"What if I fall? Will you catch me?" I asked her the last time

"Who fixes broken people? Is it only other broken people? One who's already been ruined too? And do we really need to be fixed? What if we don't really need it?" and her answer to my question is a question too, okay..

"Maybe yes, maybe no? Why don't you try to surrender your heart, Zaie? Why don't we take a risk and try again? I know it's hard for you to move forward especially when he gave you the worst pain you've ever experienced but I'm willing to be a rebound, I hope you'll open your heart for me." I'm hoping for a yes, please do say yes.

"Let's write another chapter, Ethan." What? Is it real? Finally!

One autumn night, years before, she came to a place where the moonlight stopped and change was among the wishing stars. She opened her heart where she accepts greater possibilities, opportunities.

ZAIE

When you left you took that light, and in that tiny burst of light I waited for you to come back but right now? I'm letting you go, I'm thankful for every little thing, Ace. You'll never be replaced.

I learned to love myself more. I've learned to just go with the flow, I've learned how to accept everything because of him, I'm so grateful for having Ethan beside me.

Ace, you made me insanely in love with you for years but I'll stop here, you're just a fictitious memory, a good one.

If I fall, Ethan will always be there to catch me.