Truce

Tyrone's pov

Damn that woman! Why does she have to be a tease?

I still cant manage to sober down right and my buddy down there is really looking for release. Now I dont know how am I able to live in the same house with that woman.

Damn! Even if I close my eyes what I see is that red lips of hers. So plump, so sweet, all I want to do is to devour her. I know that she is a great temptress and many had fallen because of that beauty. That is precisely why I'm not agreeing to marry her. She will be the death of me.

I should have not done what I did to her earlier in the garden. But a man can only try holding his patience. I'm at my limit back there.

She is taking this game seriously. I have to change my strategy. Seducing her to do my bidding is not working at all. Because what is happening is that I'm the one being seduced.

Damn!

I'm in the middle of my cussing when Lucia tap my shoulder.

"You know you should not play with fire Alissandro. You can get caught with it and burn"

Isang makahulugang ngiti ang ibinigay niya sa akin.

No!

I'm the master of this game. I know one way or another she will fall. All I need is for her to agree to marry me and then we will proceed with the divorce. Easier said than done. When you are presented with a beautiful woman in front of you. You just cant resist.

"Fraterno. I know that we just have to do Papa's bidding but if you cannot do it anymore, we can talk to Mr. Larson. You dont have to force yourself to marry her." Lucia said.

I wanted to do that. But a promise is a promise. The Vedicelli's has long kept their promises and I am not the one that is going to break that. If I have to tame that woman I have too. Anyway, we can talk about divorce afterwards.

"Lucia, my sister. We have to honor our father's promise to Signor Larson. I have to marry Monica."

"It is really up to you brother. I know that you are just doing all of this for father's request. But how about your heart? I hate to see you do this because you have your heart broken because Signorina Valena. She is long gone brother."

Valena Marquessa, the first woman that I whole-heartedly gave my whole life to had abandon me for a much beautiful life with Count Jose Velasquez. She had broken my heart a million times because of that. But I learn my lesson after. There is no such thing as love, only power and stability. And that ferocious goddess at the other room has no difference with any other woman. They seek only those two things using their beauty.

I chose responsibility and power over love. And once Monica knew about the engagement I think that she will understand and would find it to be on both our advantages.

"Don't speak of that name anymore Lucia. For me she is long dead."

Lucia sadly looked at me and nodded. I know my little sister only wanted me to be happy. But in the game for power, there is no such thing as love. I could only secure the stability of the Vedicelli household. I can only do that if I have the full support of the Larsons. If I have to marry Monica for that then so be it.

Monica's pov

So I have that effect on him. Napangiti ako sa bagay na iyon. Hindi ko maitatangging may atraksiyon akong nararamdaman para kay Tyrone. Halik pa lang niya parang sinisilaban na ako at nungka pang nangyari kahit na sa kanino pang boyfriend ko noon. Kahit nga siguro kay Pietro. His kiss, it's like wildfire. Mabilis niyang natutupok ang buong katauhan ko. I really wanted to fight it kasi alam ko ako ang talo.