2. The Boy Who Cried Light

"Did you see him nearly fall off the rail?! Ha!" Kyle cried with a hysterical grin.

"Shut up," I muttered and shoved past him. "I got distracted."

"More like you got stuck," Will chuckled and smirked.

     "How else am I supposed to distract myself from stage anxiety?!" I threw my hands up. "It's not like I needed one of the security dudes to lift me down."

     "Um, you could've hid behind me," Will smirked while bringing back those embarrassing memories.

     "Why don't you two shut up?" I rolled my eyes and grabbed a bottle of water.

     "Whatever," they both muttered and grabbed bottles of beer from the mini fridge.

     I slumped down with a sigh of fatigue and frustration. I had been song writing for non-stop, four days in a row, and I swore that I was getting less sleep than I was supposed to get. Meanwhile the others have been enjoying themselves, not thinking twice whether to assist me and my stumped mind.

     There was something definitely bothering me. It wasn't normal for me to get stuck on a railing like the way I did. I was about to climb over the rail at the end of "Flaws", but then something flashed before my eyes and caused me to nearly fall face-first to the floor of the arena. I must've blacked out for about three minutes before I realized a security person was at my side.

     What was that thing that flashed in front of me?

     "Did you see that blur of brown light during 'Flaws'?" Charlie whispered to Kyle. "I swore it was trying to go at Dan."

     So I'm not a crazy person.

     "Is my Charlie feeling dizzy?" Kyle joked. "I didn't see anything, did you guys?" He looked at the two other phone addicts.

     "Nothing to see here," Woody shrugged with his eyes glued to the phone screen.

"Didn't see a thing," Will mumbled while scrolling through the Twitter of Daniel Craig.

They didn't see it? Are Charlie and I crazy people?

"I saw it."

Everyone turned their heads to look at me. I was tired of being made fun of. My claims weren't fake, I swore they weren't, but even the best of friends didn't want to believe in my stories. They constantly brushed off anything that seemed out of the ordinary. Weird, eh? I mean, Ky was a guy who thought vampires were real, while other supernatural beings apparently weren't existent.

"Come on," Woody said with an annoyed tone. "You weren't in in the right set of mind."

"Yes. I was." I gritted my teeth.

"Mate, chill," Kyle stood over me. "It was probably just some flash of light that was accidentally directed at you."

"Stop it with the excuses!" I stood up and yelled. "You guys never believe me anymore!" The yell turned into a shrill of loneliness.

"Dan..." Will looked up at me with astonishment. Everyone's mouths were wide open with shock at my sudden outburst. "We were just-"

"Just what?!" I angrily slammed my bottle down. "I know what I saw!"

"Mate, we wanna believe you," Kyle looked at me, then at the others, "but none of us saw anything."

"Of course you didn't," I grumbled and stood up. "Because I'm apparently that kid who cries wolf."

My fellow band mates pleaded for me to come back and have a proper talk with them, but I ignored and moved on. I went to the back door of the arena and opened it slowly, taking in the frosty air. I knew I hadn't been seeing shit for the past twenty-four hours, but no one even bothered to slow down and ask more about it.

No one believes me.