5. Extraordinary

This isn't any ordinary deer.

     No deer on this planet would have the intelligence to follow me through Europe.     

     "Why are you here?" I spoke as coherently as possible, trying to catch the deer's attention. I really hope that I wasn't stalked by a fucking deer.

     "Stop talking to me like I'm a child."

     "WOAH!" I jumped back and onto my bed. What the fuck?! Is this for real?!

     "What?"

     I was instantly lost for words. I couldn't find the fucking words to say to this...this thing. Surely I was just a lunatic who was seeing things, right? Deer can't talk...the construction of their vocal cords...it would be impossible to talk. I knew that for a fact, everyone knew that. It was simply impossible. Even Will would take a good look at this deer and call it a normal and ordinary mammal.

     Unless science is fucked up? And that this deer is a deer fused with human attributes?

     I narrowed my eyes at the thing as it did the same to me. Neither of us had spoken or done anything within the five minutes of silence that was between us. It was just the damn mammal standing right in front of me, and me staring intensely at it. I didn't want to startle it, so I just kept my stupid mouth shut until it decided to speak to me or do whatever deer did to strangers.

     "You can stop staring at me."

     I blinked a couple times, still weirded out, trying to absorb all this.

     "O-oh." I felt myself blush. "S-s-sorry." My gaze fell to the hardwood floor of my bedroom.

     I knew the deer was still staring at me.

     I always know when someone is looking at me.

     "Why are you always so shy?" It asked again.

     I swallowed before mustering up some courage to reply to it. This was getting so weird.

     "H-how...did you...how did you know I'm a shy person?" I uttered curiously.

     "I wish I could explain it all in one day," it tilted its head.

     "Explain?" I was so confused.

     "Call your friends..."

     "Why?"

     "You'll see." It simply said. "And can you take a shower? No offence, but-"

     I laughed at this deer's strange attitude toward me. "I know, I know. I stink."

     "Exactly," the deer laughed too.

     My laugh soon turned into a nervous and concerned one. I swore that I was painfully turning into a lunatic who can see and hear these kinds of things. And now it wants me to call the guys to come over. I looked at it, standing in the hallway and staring in the direction of the living room. It was so weird. I felt...normal, somehow, in front of the creature that was in my flat. This fucking deer that could speak and use humanly gestures to communicate with me.

     I was still mystified over one thing. How did this thing know my personality so well? Was it some guardian creature set on a mission to watch over me? Or protect me? Apparently I would have to sit and listen to this deer explain something complicated, which I was strangely looking forward to. Maybe it was the fact that I could finally prove to the others that I wasn't a crazy man who was delirious. I don't even know anymore.

     All I did was grab a clean set of clothes from my messy and disorganized drawers. I walked straight to the bathroom without questioning anything, stripping down and stepping into the tub to have a long-needed shower after a few weeks of touring. But as I stood there, washing my greasy hair, I heard a sound that really caught me off guard. The deer was singing. It wasn't just any song either.

     "Flaws". This thing is fucking singing a Bastille tune.

     I thought it was just...bizarre. But at the same time, it was fucking cool in a sense. It was weird to think a thought of this one, but I never thought I would hear such a good voice from an animal like this one.

     It was definitely like no other.