23. Not as Expected

I slowly stepped forward, with Apollos striding by my side. Zeus gave us cold stares of darkness as we approached him on the field. I felt the wet grass around my shoes as his Helldeer figure become prominent to my near-sighted eyes. I didn't wish to be any closer than I was now, so I pulled on a prong of Apollos' antlers and kept him back, a hopefully safe distance from his father.

Not wanting to do anything rash, I just stood there, shivering at the cold wind that bit at my bare hands and face. Apollos and I nervously kept our stance as we shockingly watched his father morph into a human, with black antlers and red eyes, a similar resemblance to that of his Helldeer form. Zeus looked like the deer entity from the "Send Them Off!" video. His pale hand reached out, a single index finger curled out and back into the fist again.

"Come." His father's voice was bold.

Apollos stepped forwards. Then again, but with easier strides, until he reached the feet of Zeus. My muscles and reflexes tensed up when his father reached out with a different hand and gently rested it on his son's head. My hand covered my mouth when I realized what he was doing. Golden leaves swirled around Apollos' reindeer body as it transformed into a human form.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The reindeer I had known for about a month know, seemingly stuck in his reindeer form, was now standing right in front of his father. A sport tank top covered his upper body, while a pair of athletic pants ran from his waist to his ankles, both of them dark green in colour. His skin was pale, like Zeus, but a set of velvet-covered reindeer antlers protruded from his head.

This is crazy. Am I going crazy again?

"Kneel before me," Zeus commanded to Apollos.

He did just as he father asked. No one would have disobeyed something like his father. A fiery axe appeared in Zeus' hand, flaming brightly with black and red matter around it. He kept it at his side as he kneeled down to have a look at Apollos. A finger reached out and under his son's chin as he gently tipped it up with fascination.

"You," he quickly stood and pointed between my eyes. "Come here, human."

"Alright..." I muttered, placing my hands behind my back. I created an upside-down triangle with my hands to give the signal to the guys to get out of Will's truck.

"What is that thing, that hangs around your neck?" I stared up into his beady red eyes.

"Mother's necklace, father."

"I DID NOT ASK YOU TO SPEAK!" He screeched at his son.

     I am so screwed.

     "Well, either way," Zeus sighed with evilness. "It will be useless."

     Not according to what Polia said.

     "We'll kick your ass!" Kyle shouted as he ran towards us.

     "Stop!" Apollos cried.

     In seconds, black humanoid figures appeared from swirling black matter. My band mates never saw it coming, and I cried out silently when daggers were held to their throats. One wrong move and I would have to witness three innocent friends of mine having their throats slashed open by supernatural demon people.

     Fuck my life.