Chapter 50

Mina POV

I inhaled the fresh air coming from outside the window. I was awake. The time was around 8 am. I looked at the blue sky. Everything was beautiful and bright. But my heart was still dark. While I sat there looking out of the window and admiring the view, Chaeyoung came across my mind. I missed her. I missed the feeling of being beside her. I missed the valuable pleasure of coming home and being greeted by her warm hugs and kisses. I really missed the good old times I had with Chaeyoung. That's when I decided to just go. To go back to her. I didn't want anything else. I wanted to see Chaeyoung and forget all my pain.

I took a deep breath before removing all the wires and machines that were attached to me. I didn't need those things. They wouldn't make me feel better. It was only Chaeyoung.

I struggled walking outside the hospital. I felt weak. But the thought of Chaeyoung wouldn't let me give up. She made me strong. The hospital was kind of empty, and no one even bothered to stop me. The cold air made me feel frozen outside. But inside, I still had strength and hope for Chaeyoung. I walked through the cold streets and didn't mind the thousand stares from people around me. I could hear whispers about me. Well, of course, it wasn't good whispers. I ignored everything and kept walking. I felt dizzy, but my body kept moving forward. I wouldn't stop walking until I've reached Chaeyoung. My heart kept beating violently. Everything was painful besides my heart. I knew I had to keep going.

I saw the dorm from afar. It felt like I haven't seen it in years. It was the place where I could finally see Chaeyoung. The place where I could feel her. The place that was my home. My breathing felt heavier and heavier. The thought of suddenly collapsing was haunting me. But I couldn't stop now. Chaeyoung was waiting for me.

I took the last steps with all my might before feeling like drowning in a deep sea. I felt like I had no strength left. That all my hopes were slowly fading away. But before my body reached the ground, I heard a shout calling my name that filled me with happiness. A shout that painted a smile on my face. I was lying on the ground still smiling. It was the voice that I missed. The voice I would always hear. Then a person approached me. The person I've waited for. The person that made my heart beat again. The person that healed my pain. Chaeyoung.

"Minari, are you okay?" the soft voice hit my ears like a calm melody.

"Chaeyoung ah" I said smiling.

Chaeyoung helped me up and stared at me.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the hospital?" she said with a worried tone.

"Who needs a hospital when you're my source of strength?" I said ruffling her hair like a kid.

Chaeyoung was flustered. My heart started beating fast.

"U-uhm t-thanks B-beautiful" Chaeyoung said blushing and looking at the ground.

I chuckled.

"Now let's go home, I've missed everyone" I said taking her hand.

Chaeyoung POV

I went outside the dorm to clean my mind. I've been through so many things lately, that I had to forget everything and relax for a bit. The sky had this dark blue color that made everything seem peaceful. I suddenly thought about every bad thing I had done through all this time I've felt insecure. I remembered how I had put everyone in danger. I remembered when I was drinking even though I knew I shouldn't. I remembered how I poured pain into people's heart and tried to burn myself. I tried to let all my thoughts disappear by a single breath. I regretted everything I've done. When I tried to go for a walk, someone caught my attention. It was a person who collapsed on the ground from afar. It wasn't any ordinary person. It was Mina.