Chapter Nineteen

Shikamaru POV

We had one more day of this troublesome mission left. I could see Naruto's frustration due to the fact that we couldn't help Shiro just yet. I felt the same. It frustrated me.

Silently Minami, Shiro and I walked next to Naruto. We all felt comfortable and let the day just drift by with every step.

Of course I would love to say our day was like that but unfortunately life is never that simple...

Dodging a punch I sighed. Couldn't the attackers waited another twenty four hours before attacking? Was that too much to ask?

In unnatural irritation, I trapped him in shadow possession and threw a kunai, it hitting him square in the chest. After he dropped limply to the floor I released it and turned around to survey the carnage.

Everyone was fighting someone. Well everyone except Sakura who was 'protecting' Minami, more like hiding. Stupid banshee.

Stabbing an enemy before I looked over at Naruto. He looked so graceful throwing shurikens, how had I never noticed before? I watched in awe before one of them dared to attempt to stab him.

How dare he?

In an uncontrollable rush I ran at everyone. Killing every enemy I saw in my pathway. Stab. Step. Dodge. Attack. I repeated that pattern until someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see Shiro.

"How dare he?" he smirked, my face turned crimson, "It's okay I won't tell anyone. Anyway I think you killed most of the attackers anyway, including the one I was facing, so I owe you one."

I smiled meekly, my breathing ragged. We both walked to wards Naruto as if that conversation ever happened.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed it. Sorry it was my first fight scene. Until next time.