Meeting The Family

Gaga softly brushed her blonde hair, she sighed at her reflection in the mirror and turned around, facing Taylor who was putting on his shirt “you think they’ll like me?” she said doubtful, he smiled “of course they will, how couldn’t they?” she smiled back and turned around again. Taylor wanted her to meet his family for a while now, but she way too busy and truthfully she was just a little scared, her presence always made people a little star struck or uncomfortable and she wanted his mom to see her as her and not the Lady Gaga she read about in the newspapers. Gaga picked up her favorite lipstick and put it on, Taylor kissed her neck and looked via the mirror in her eyes “don’t worry baby, it’ll be ok” she smiled, put on her Louboutin heels, got up and gave Taylor a soft kiss, she smiled at him and removed her lipstick from his lips with her thumb “let’s go”.

Taylor and Gaga were flying in Gaga’s private airplane to Pennsylvania, Taylor was playing with his phone as Gaga looked straight at him, he looked up “what?” he said smiling “are you a momma’s boy?” she asked with a deviant smile, Taylor smirked “why do you ask?” Gaga shrugged “I’ll take that as a yes” and got up to sit next to him “something wrong with that?” Gaga rested her head against his shoulder “no, not really but it’s hard for a girlfriend to compete for the same heart when there’s  a mother involved” Taylor stroked her leg “she’ll love you, just as much as I do” Gaga nodded, she was still not convinced but just changed the subject “so what have we planned for today?” Taylor sighed “I don’t really know- I think it’s just having some tea, my mom will have enough awkward questions for you I presume” he said laughing “- and my brothers will come over for dinner” Gaga nodded “sounds nice” “it will be, don’t be scared, it’s gonna be ok” Taylor said as he tried to assure her “if you say so” she answered wistfully before closing her eyes “I am just gonna take a nap, wake me when were there” he kissed her on the top of her head “ok I will”.

They finally arrived in Pennsylvania and rented a car to drive to Neffsville, the place where Taylor grew up and where his mother and most of his family still lived. Gaga was bored looking out of the car window while Taylor was driving; it was a long road with almost no other cars. Gaga unbuckled her seatbelt, taking her heels off, turning around and stroked his lap with her foot “what are you doing?” he laughed, trying to concentrate on the road “let me drive” she said, Taylor raised his eyebrow “babe you don’t have a license” Gaga poked his ribs with her foot again “I know how to drive a car..” Taylor shook his head and smiled at her before looking at the road again “I am not gonna let you drive” Gaga sighed and turned around again, resting her feet on the dashboard “let’s have car sex instead” she said playfully “Stef we’re almost there I know you’re bored…” Taylor said “well fine, you’re right” she said a little irritated and turned up the radio, she looked horrified as the radio was playing one of her own song and turned the radio off again “it’s sometimes so weird to hear myself sing ” Taylor just shook his head before taking a right turn “what are you doing? Neffsville is the other way” Gaga asked surprised, Taylor smiled “I know” before parking in a deserted area and unbuckling his seatbelt too, a confused Gaga was staring at him “what? You wanted some car sex right?” Taylor said playfully before Gaga ‘attacked’ him and they rolled to the backseat “God I love you” she said between kisses.

“Tay you still got some lipstick-“ she said trying to wipe it off his face, they were standing in front of the door “oh fu- hey mom” he said as his mother had already opened the door “Taylor!” his mother said as she immediately embraced her son “hey mom, you look good” Taylor said as they let go of each other “and you must be-“ she looked at Gaga for a second “-what do I even call you?” she said, Gaga smiled awkwardly “you can call me Gaga, but Taylor just calls me Stef or Stefani, what you prefer” Taylor’s mom reached out her hand “welcome, Stefani” she smiled “you can call me Pam” Gaga shook her hand and they walked in. It was a gorgeous house, very traditional with a lot of open windows as the living room bathed in sunlight. Gaga grabbed Taylor’s hand as she looked around “so you grew up here?” she said “yeah, I was born here” Gaga nodded “amazing” and smiled at the baby pictures that were standing on the fireplace ”so cute” she said before they sat down and Pam came with tea and cookies “you grew up in New York right?” Gaga nodded “yeah born and raised” Pam sat down. Gaga was relieved how calmly and relaxed his mother was reacting, it looked like she didn’t even know who she was, Gaga was enjoying every second of it. “a very dangerous city-“ Taylor’s mom said as she was pouring herself a cup of tea, Gaga nodded “it can be, but it is wonderful, I am gonna live there my whole life” Pam leaned back into her chair “would you even wanna raise your children there?” Taylor coughed as he almost choked in his tea; Gaga just smiled “no doubt about that” Taylor sighed “mom, you are starting on children right away?” Pam winked at Gaga “I am sorry, I just like to have grandchildren someday” Gaga looked a little embarrassed “yeah I want children… eventually, but a house like this-“ she said trying to change the subject “must have been wonderful to grow up in, how long do you have it?” her plan worked as Taylor’s mother started to talk about the house “why don’t you show your room Taylor?” Gaga looked up “your room?” Taylor nodded “yeah my mom never changed it since I left home” “that’s so cute, show me” and they walked up stairs and he stopped in front of a white door “ladies first” Taylor said and opened the door, Gaga giggled and walked in. A small room with blue and white walls, posters, a single bed and scraped off stickers on the door “so weird to be in here again” Taylor said as he sat on the bed, Gaga picked up a picture frame “was this your prom date?” as she showed it to him, he laughed “yeah that is Rosanna Myers” Gaga held it closer to her face, squinting her eyes “she’s pretty” Taylor got up and started to kiss her neck  “not as pretty as you” Gaga turned around kissing him back “what if your mom finds out” Gaga said playfully “well isn’t that exciting?” but Taylor’s mom actually did break their kissing scene off by calling them from down stairs “Taylor your brothers are here!” Taylor grunted “already?” and sighed “We’re coming!” he shouted back, Gaga placed the picture back where it originally stood “what happened to her?” she asked “I don’t know, we broke it off after I moved” Gaga nodded, she couldn’t help but think that if they were in high school together  they would have never dated, he was a popular kid, she was an invisible nerd “you coming?” she smiled “yeah” and they walked down stairs again.

Taylor’s brothers were very enthusiastic to say the least “So how much money do you have?” Taylor’s brother Adam asked as he was eating his steak, Gaga looked embarrassed “I don’t really talk about my money… I find it to be-“ “Oh come on, over 10 million right?” Adam insisted, Gaga just nodded “I knew it, over 20 million?” “Shut up Adam” his other brother Trent said “so what’s up with the meat dress?” Trent asked “because I googled you and-“ “enough! Stop grilling our guest, she doesn’t need to be interrogated, let her eat!” Pam interrupted them both, Taylor grabbed his girlfriend’s hand under the table “I’m so sorry” he whispered, she smiled at him “it’s ok, they’re nice” she reassured him, Gaga cleared her throat “don’t believe what the tabloids tell about me, it’s 99% fake, I can assure you” Adam and Trent nodded “I’m sorry, it’s just you’re so famous” Gaga smiled “I know, I get it a lot” after they talked a bit more, Gaga helped Taylor’s mom with the dishes as the boys watched a game on the TV “you’re very lovely Stefani” Pam said as she cleaned another plate “I expected someone else when he told me he dated the Lady Gaga” Gaga smiled “I am glad to hear that, I was kind of scared to meet you and your family to be honest” Pam raised her eyebrow “why?” Gaga shook her head “for the same reasons, you thinking I am this mess of a celebrity, which I am not” Pam winked at her “Glad to have finally meet you though, just don’t break his heart ok?” Gaga smiled “I won’t, this feels really special you know… and to be honest, I would wanna spent the rest of my live with him” Pam hugged Gaga while still holding a plate in her hand “I would be honored to have you as my daughter in law someday” Gaga just smiled as she hugged Pam back “thank you”.

That night Gaga and Taylor were lying in his old single bed, Pam had made a bed for them in the guestroom but Gaga thought it would be fun to sleep in Taylor´s old room, so they did and she was lying on top of him “that wasn’t so bad right?” he said as he put a lock of blonde hair behind her ear “no it was great, you have such a lovely family” and kissed him softly “I am sorry about my mom asking about us getting married and having kids and stuff, it’s like her biological clock is ticking” Taylor joked “it’s ok, I want that eventually anyway” she looked him right in his eyes “do you?” Taylor nodded “yeah definitely” Gaga smiled “good” and let herself fall next to him, trying to lay comfortable in the small bed “because besides my music, that is all I ever wanted” and she closed her eyes “me too” Taylor whispered before falling asleep himself.