Part 9 Endings

Part 9 Endings

The other side of the portal was not as magical as I would have imagined it.

A barren, gray landscape stretched for miles, with only an out of place castle marking any location. There were even large pits in the ground, that I was willing to bet weren't fun to fall into.

Once everyone was on the other side, we came together.

"Alright, we're here. What now?" Harper asked.

"Now..." Adrian muttered, pulling out his Pokeball, "we see whose butt we can kick."

"No objections here." Hari replied.

Clover's voice interrupted from just outside of our circle. "Um, I realize that this awkwardly convenient, but I think I figured out whose butt we're probably kicking."

Everyone looked out towards the castle, and we began to notice large numbers of people, likely kids like us, assembling near the entrance. However all of them were facing away from it, and towards us.

"Stay back." Adrian muttered. "We don't know if this is for us."

They all came to a stop, and we waited a few tense moments.

Then in a moment they all began moving. They must have all been enhanced, because some were crossing the ground with ridiculous speed.

"Sorry man, but I think I'm gonna be ready to defend myself." Tommy responded before taking out his backpack with the familiar Digimon inside.

Hari nodded. "Showtime, people."

I don't know exactly who moved first, but suddenly we were in war mode. I watched as the unknown kids gathered and evolved their Digimon. Our team released our own companion creatures and went to battle.

Resisting my instincts, I reached for my Pokeball. Holding it out, I pressed its button. Nothing came out.

"Not now..." I muttered, looking down at it before trying again. Nothing. "Sandslash, come on, I need you."

A large group of the soldier were approaching me, and my time was getting limited.

"Buddy, I screwed up, but that doesn't matter right now. I need-" An dense ball of water slammed into my face, causing me to stumble back.

I pocketed the Pokeball and looked up at them. "Okay. We'll play it that way."

I raised my hands and swung them across my body, creating two horizontal psychic attacks. They flew towards the group, and a few were taken out in the attack. The others that approached I knocked back with mental bursts, and held them off with minimal effort.

"Sorry, guys. You'll have to try something better than that."

As I continued to repel the approaching horde with small blasts, I noticed one approaching more slowly than the rest. It was a teenager about my age, with bright ginger hair in a Mohawk, walking towards me casually with his hands in his pockets. As I cleared out the others around him, he looked up at me and gave a small grin.

I quickly created a psychic blade, launching it toward him at high speed. He looked at the projectile as it crashed into his body, completely fading on impact. He stood completely unharmed by the attack.

"What the he..."

I quickly shifted my attention as another attacker leaped over his head. Barely reacting in time, my opponent came down at high speed beside me. When he hit the ground, I was surprised by the clang his hands made against the stone. He lashed out again, making a small gash across my chest.