Part 7 Alliances

Part 7 Alliances

I simply lay there for a long time. I didn't move, didn't talk. Just thought about all the memories that came back to me, and cried quietly to myself. I felt Taylor holding me, trying to console me, I'm sure.

"I never want to hurt you like that again." I said quietly.

"Todd..." Taylor muttered, before seemingly deciding she didn't know what to say.

We continued like that for what seemed like a while, before someone tried to bring us back to reality. "So...I don't want to be really awkward and stuff, but...we should probably get out of this hall before the ceiling comes down on our heads."

I looked up to see Clover standing there awkwardly, her hands moving anxiously.

Taylor looked at me. "So who's this?"

I took a deep breath and stood, pulling myself together. "A friend."

Taylor tried to stand up next to me, but stumbled and almost fell. I caught her by the arm and lifted her. "Are you alright, Todd?" She asked.

"Are you?" I nodded towards her leg, which didn't seem to be very supportive.

"I'll live." She replied. She turned to her Blaziken, which stood quietly beside us. "You'd better lead the way."

Meanwhile, behind us, someone called out, "I'm okay too, in case anyone was wondering." A quick glance back revealed Harper climbing over a pile of rubble, looking over at us. Her eyes widened when she saw me, and she hurried over and gave me a hug. "I'm so glad you're back."

I smiled. "Same for you guys."

Blaziken cleared its throat. "We need to get moving."

I took Taylor's arm around my shoulders, and lifted her up to a stand. After Harper recalled her Empoleon, the five of us began walking through the carnage.

---

Adrian continually had to remind himself not to throw himself at his opponents. He wasn't a Pokemon anymore, and Mega Sableye left the two of them too drained to risk using it now. He stayed back out of the line of fire, and tried to direct Sableye from there.

Between it and Tallymon II, they were managing to hold their own. They had also gotten a few students out and to safety. However, that didn't mean they were going to win by any means.

As if on cue for the thought, a large arm swung around, catching Tallymon II off guard. It was knocked back, sliding quickly across the floor, before smacking into Hari and carrying the two into the wall behind them.

Adrian looked over and tried to assess what had happened, but a large Pokemon with four arms swung a two handed punch in his direction, forcing him to duck, and roll away.

Crap. He thought. He couldn't hardly keep himself focused. He needed to make sure his allies were okay, he needed to give Sableye its orders, and he needed to watch out for his own safety. It was why he preferred to be on his own, without having to worry about others around him.

He was in a bad situation, so he got himself moving again. As he did, he sneaked a glance at the door, seeing Tallymon and Hari both getting up reasonably unharmed. That was good, but unless something big changed very soon, they were going to go down eventually.

Finding temporary safety one more time, he stopped, and found his attention drawn to the door when he heard it opening.

A strange girl he had never seen before peeked her head in, took a look around all that was going on and turned around. "I think I found your friends."