Chapter 1

No One's POV

On a Friday night like any other in Miami. After having dinner with her family Captain Lauren Jauregui of the Miami Dade SVU made her usual rounds in the neighborhood she grew up in before heading home to her wife. Many thoughts were storming through her head. But all those thoughts came to a screeching halt when her phone rang.

*Phone Rings*

Lauren: Hey what's up baby?

Dinah: Hey sweetheart ...uh look I know you are probably still with your family. But there's been a shooting on Jasper Street.

Lauren: Actually, I just left my parents. I was just heading home to you. What does a shooting have to do with SVU?

Dinah: There could.... there could be a child at the scene.

Lauren takes a deep breath.

Lauren: Wait aren't you at home?

Dinah: I was but Nick asked me to come back in.

Lauren: Oh, okay baby. Are you at the scene?

Dinah: Not yet but Hernandez and Lovato are. I'm on my way.

Lauren: Alright see you there my love.

*Call Ends*

Lauren took a minute she looked up to the ceiling of her squad car. "Get yourself together Jauregui. It's time to get yourself together." She said to herself. She took a deep breath and grabbed her walkie talkie

*Walkie Talkie*

Lauren: Hernandez? Lovato? Do you copy?

Lovato: Loud and clear. What's up Captain?

Lauren: What are we looking at with this shooting?

Hernandez: It's an odd one Cap. It's not a breaking and entering or a hostage situation.

Lovato: Cap all the doors are locked, and no one is answering the door.

Lauren: Alright. I want S.W.A.T and the bomb squad there. And I want you two to get the hell out of there now.

Lovato & Hernandez: on it Laur.

Lauren was only two streets away from the scene. With lights and sirens, she quickly made her way down Miller Drive, turn left on Pine Drive, and then another left on Jasper Street. She parked behind another squad car at the crime scene. Dinah pulled up next to her car just seconds later. Lauren put on her vest, grabbed her shield and gun out of the glovebox. Dinah got out of her car and walked over to her wife's squad car and opened her door. Lauren gets out of her car and peck's Dinah's lips. They walk up to the scene and show their shields to a stand by officer who lets them on to the scene. "Alright, what exactly are we looking at here?" Lauren asked Dinah pulled out her tablet and looked at the operator notes "A woman called about 8 minutes ago. She said that her husband lost control and asked to save her baby. Operator heard three-gun shots then a whimper it could have been the baby but then the call was dropped. It may have been the women, but we won't know till we get in there." Dinah said.

"Oh, and the victim only spoke Spanish. While yes Ally can speak Spanish, she's just not very good at it." Ally smacked Demi's arm. "Asshole" Ally said. Demi and Dinah giggled. "Allysin is back and better than ever." Dinah giggled and whispered to Demi. Lauren looked over at the two women. They both stopped laughing. "I work with children." Lauren said and walked over to the bomb squad's leader. He said the house was clear of any type of bomb. "ALRIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I WANT S.W.A.T ON EVERY INCH OF THIS PROPERTY. NO ONE IS GETTING IN OR OUT OF THIS HOUSE, UNLESS IN HANDCUFFS OR IN A BODY BAG WHICH EVER COMES FIRST. NOW MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!!" Lauren shouted.