Chapter 4

*3 1/2 months Later*

Normani's POV

It's been a long time since Mommy and Daddy went bye-bye. Since then, I've this dumb cast on my leg. I have to be carried everywhere and I have to take bath with a bag on my leg and I have to wear a diaper again. I hate this dumb cast. I've been staying with my grandma. She is very nice; she tucks me in when it's night-night time and she gives me cookies and lot and lots of kisses and cuddles.

Grandma tells me different stories of mommy and daddy every night and tells me they love me. Officer Dinah and Lauren still come around every few days to check on us and they came for my birthday. We had a big party (funeral) for them with pictures and funny stories and all the good things they did. Grandma gave me a necklace that had mommy and daddy in it. She said "Mani this is for you to carry with you always. This has your mom and dad in here they will be with you were ever you go."

But grandma was rush to the hospital

But grandma was rush to the hospital. She said her chest hurt, and she told me to call 911 and I did. Ms. Hailee came to the hospital to, she talked to grandma and then she came over to me. "Hey sweetheart. Remember me?" She asked I nodded.

She smiled, and I smiled back. "Listen bug grandma is going to be in here for a while. So, I have to take you with me and you're going to stay with a really good friend of mine, ok?" She said I looked at grandma. "It's ok Mani. I'm sure Ms. Hailee's friend will let you come visit me." She said. I nodded and Ms. Hailee picked me up and set me on grandma's bed. I crawled up and gave grandma a hug and kiss. "You be a good girl ok. I will see you soon baby and remember to keep mommy and daddy with you." She said and pointed to my necklace.

I nodded my head, grabbed my blanket and went to Ms. Hailee and she picked me up. We went to the car and Ms. Hailee buckled me into the car seat. She closed the door and got into the car. "Have you eaten sweetheart?" She asked I shook my head "No ma'am." She turned to me. "You know for a girl your age you have great manners." She said smiling at me. "Mommy and daddy says bein mean gets you nowhere." I said "That is very true. Anywhere special you'd like to go?" "Can we get a happy meal?" I asked shyly. "You know a happy meal sound great right now. Let's go honey."

She turned around and started the car. A few minutes later we pull into McDonalds. We went inside and ordered. "Do you want a chicken nugget or burger happy meal?" "Nuggets please." "Ok. One girl's 6-piece chicken nugget happy meal with a sprite. And a medium double cheese burger meal." She said. We waited for our order and then we sat down. I was almost done when Ms. Hailee's phone went off, she looked at it.

"Hey Normani. My friend isn't home just yet so if you'd like you can go play for a little while." She said pointing to the play place behind me. I looked at her and nodded happily. I finished my dinner and Ms. Hailee carried me to the playground. It was hard to get up the stairs and things, but I still had fun. After a while I heard Ms. Hailee call for me. "Normani sweetheart time to go." She said "Ok Ms. Hailee. I be right down." I went down the slide and Ms. Hailee was waiting at the bottom with a smile. "Have fun sweetheart?" She asked picking me up. "Yes ma'am." I said. We got back to the car she put me in the car seat and pulled my blanket over me and I fell asleep. When I woke up, we were in front of a house.