Chapter 12

"Logan?" I asked remembering the text he sent me earlier. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to meet, remember?" He looked heartbroken. "Now I know what you meant by 'busy'." He started walking away and I called after him.

"I'm sorry Blake, I need to do this," I said as I left him behind like a rude-ass. And I hated it. "Logan!"

When I caught up with him he turned around like he was bored. "I can explain."

"Okay, explain."

I didn't expect that answer so I was left speechless. He sighed and got back in his car.

I wanted to apologize so badly so I got in the car as well. He looked surprised but didn't kick me out.

"You do piss me off sometimes."

"I was just having dinner with a friend... and.. something unexpected happened! That happens sometimes! "

"You like him," he said looking out the window.

"Why would you say that?"

"Well you sure as hell don't like me, that's for sure," he replied raising his voice.

There was a quiet moment.

"What do you me-"

"You keep pushing me away like this! I swear to god you're the only girl in school who doesn't like me. It's a fucking curse or something."

"I do like you."

He laughed. More like made air come rapidly out if his nose. "Sure," he said so quietly I almost didn't hear. "I'm gonna go home."

"Okay, I'll come with you."

"Just go, Lucy, I'm fine."

"No, I'm gonna come with you."

"Fine."

And he drove off.

I couldn't say I wasn't surprised he just went ahead. I wondered how that looked to Blake. I felt so bad for him. So, SO bad.

We didn't talk for a while. It was an extremely awkward silence but Logan seemed to not even notice me.

"I'm sorry," I said trying to break the ice, the ice breaker I was.

He exhaled just looking down at the road.

"Logan... this overreaction. We're not even together."

"Then what are we?" he answered, not taking his eyes off the road.

I bit my lip, looking at him and trying to find what to say. "I don't know. It's more complicated than that."

He parked his car in front of his house and turned it off. As soon as I saw it, I thought about that horrible night and that horrible party. Where I had my first kiss with Logan.

"It isn't really," he exclaimed quietly as he got out of the car. I did the same and followed him to the door.

"How?"

"Oh you know how." He wrinkled his nose for a split second and then opened the door.

"Logan." I walked in after him, closing the door and looking around to see if anyone was home. "Logan," I whispered.

He went into his room and collapsed onto his bed.

I slowly walked in and carefully closed the door.

He sat up. "Okay, tell me what we are."

"I don't-, Logan I don't know how to define-," and my words drifted away by him standing up.