Chapter Five

As Edward had said, Alice gave the girl their address after school let out fifteen minutes ago and left Mia alone

      As Edward had said, Alice gave the girl their address after school let out fifteen minutes ago and left Mia alone. Her friends refused to approach her, and Tyler already left once he left the building not even glancing her way as he made his way to his blue truck. Mia wasn't too concerned since whatever ailed him, her aunt would call her mom to complain about his attitude later.

Sighing, Mia unlocked her 2005 Ford Mustang Gt and threw her bags in the passenger seat before settling herself in the driver seat. The car roared to life and she backed out slowly before speeding out of the school's parking lot. Music played softly in the background as well as the purr of the car.

Her cell rung, and she answered it immediately without checking the ID. "Ello," she greeted.

"Hey Mia, it's Paul!" a deep voice said cheerfully through the speaker, making a smile grace her plump lips. Paul was a close friend of her family, as well as Sam and Jared. The wolves had felt a connection to them, and thus a friendship was born between the Jimenez's and the pack. Whenever a new shift came into the pack, they were brought to Mia for introductions and instructed to protect her and her family at any cost.

"Hey Paul, what's up?" A smile graced the girl's face as she heard her favorite wolf's voice.

"Ah, well I just missed you voice and was wondering if you way coming into work today. Mom wanted to know," he rambled as Mia turned into her driveway that was surrounded by trees.

Mia parked her car and got out of the car, cradling the phone with her shoulder as she got her school bags. She worked at a library/café that was owned by Paul's mother and has been there since she was fourteen. "Yeah, I think my shift starts at four o'clock, so I'll be doing some homework and then take a shower." She explained her plans as she made her way up to the door of her cabin-styled house.

"Alright, I'll see you then," you could practically hear him grinning and once she said her farewell, he hung up. Shaking her head, she unlocked the door and shut it behind her.

"I'm home," Mia called out as she walked through the small foyer and entered the kitchen to see her mother moving her body to the beat of the music that was blasting through the speakers and mixing something in a large bowl with a whisk.

Maria Jimenez, a woman who didn't look a day over thirty, turned as she felt her daughter's presence and greeted her with a large smile

Maria Jimenez, a woman who didn't look a day over thirty, turned as she felt her daughter's presence and greeted her with a large smile. "Mia," She sung happily as she set down the bowl and moved to embrace her only child. "Congratulations, honey! Your mate is extremely handsome!"

Mia didn't even bat a lash at her mother's proclamation as she returned the hug. "You don't mind that he's a vampire?"

Maria released the girl and used the remote on the counter to turn off the music. "Of course not, honey! Casteel told me that they're vegetarian vampires, not human blood drinkers."

Mia raised a brow and glanced to the left as a dark, bubbling mass formed a few feet from her. It rose from the floor, standing nearly at seven feet before the mass parted to reveal the very male that Maria was talking about; Casteel. Chocolate brown hair fell over his shoulders and caressed the insides of his elbows that was crossed over his well-defined chest. Dark eyes stared down at Mia, before the man dropped to his knees in a kneel, crossing his right arm across his chest as a sign as loyalty.

"Lady Emilia, welcome home," Casteel greeted smoothly in a sinfully deep voice, but neither women batted a lash at it since they've been hearing it for seventeen years

"Hey, were you really spying on me today?" Mia accused with her hands on her hips.

Castell rose from his kneel to stared down at the girl he was to protect till his last breath. "Yes, it is my job, and I had to get information about the coven of vampires that came into our territory. Thus, I reported my findings to Lord Juan and Lady Maria," he explained in a slight monotoned voice.

"Then how did-," Mia started before Maria swatted at the slightly taller female whilst laughing lightly.

"Honey, you know that I can sense others fated ones. It's part of my job as a matchmaker, ya know!"

The thing about Maria Jimenez was that she was a powerful witch that got visions of unmated people or creatures that wants to find their true soul mates, and when they arrived at their place of residence, she would find their other halves with some weird magic that Mia didn't really care to know about. That, of course, means that she is half witch, which gives her powers as well, but don't like to use unless necessary.

"Right. You knew all about it, and didn't tell me," Mia pouted as her mother went back to mixing whatever was in the bowl. Casteel decided to retreat into his room in the basement. The teenager also decided to go into her room to get started on her school work and then freshen up before leaving for work.

"I wonder how dad feels about this," the dark-skinned girl hummed thoughtfully.

*

**

***

Carlisle was surprised to come home to see his wife and Edward sitting on the couch chatting quietly since it was only one o'clock in the afternoon. Esme smiled when she saw her blond husband and moved to greet him accordingly with a swift kiss and a hug before backing away from the doctor with a smile. "Edward has good news," she said simply before heading to their room to give the men some privacy.

Gold eyes flicked over his son's emotionless face a moment before setting his brief case down on a side table, and taking the seat that Esme was in. "Edward?" he questioned quietly as many possibilities that could have happened at the school his children attended.

"I found my mate," Edward smiled slightly at the mere thought of his dark-skinned mate. "Her name is Mia Jimenez, and she already knows what we are."

Surprise and a bit of panic showed on the seemingly young doctor's face. "How did she find out about us, Edward? If the Volturi learns of this then-," His panic rose more and more as his usually brooding son merely smiled crookedly at him. "Edward!" Carlisle hissed.

"She isn't human, so there is no reason to worry. Though, I do not know what she is, Mia is coming over to explain everything over dinner." The bronze haired boy chuckled lightly.

Carlisle sighed and visibly sagged in relief. "If I could get grey hairs, then I wouldn't have any blond left in it." He joked tiredly earning laughs from Edward and Esme, who was still upstairs.As Edward had said, Alice gave the girl their address after school let out fifteen minutes ago and left Mia alone. Her friends refused to approach her, and Tyler already left once he left the building not even glancing her way as he made his way to his blue truck. Mia wasn't too concerned since whatever ailed him, her aunt would call her mom to complain about his attitude later.