Prelude

《 May, Year 2,002. Malibu, California. 》

¤¤¤

"Jarvis, is our new shipment of palladium at the lab?"

"Yes, sir. Also the new blueprints and capacity assesment for your next misile are almost ready. What do you wish to name it?"

"Ugh, that's a hard one... just let me pull over, park, drink a mojito-. You probably have everything under control."

"As always, sir."

"You're the best, J."

"I know, sir."

31 year old Anthony Stark couldn't help the smile that grazed his features, pulling over in front of his Malibu household. The red paint of his beloved Audi R8 glinting in the sunlight.

Ah, a perfect day. Then again all days were perfect in California.

"Sir, Mr. Stane called again about the expositions for the next Stark Expo-."

"Tell him i'll get to it later, I have a bomb to build." He replied snidely, striding into his house with the air of great cockiness only seen in the billionare.

"I take it the 'business' trip to Monaco was fun?"

"Oh, it was perfect Jarvis. Just perfect." Tony grinned, desceding the stairs to his workshop. He pushed the glass door to his workshop in stride, and immediately; things were going to the shit.

"DUM-E! No! Bad DUM-E!"

The robot was trying to make him said mojito he had wanted, with dishsoap and lime juice. Nice, at least in the eyes of the robot. Whom let out beeps in response.

"Jarvis, I thought we agreeded never to let DUM-E even remotely close to my bar!?" He shouted at the AI, watching as the robot struggled to place everything back into place; breaking a few, very expensive wine glasses along the way.

"Thought you would enjoy not having to make your mojito, Sir."

"I ALWAYS enjoy making my drinks! You- You allowed this, only so that DUM-E could actually 'prove himself useful' and trash my bar, didn't you!?" The robot simply let out beeps of sadness.

There goes his good day.

He groaned, simply grabbing a beer from the mini freezer.

"Forget it, Forget it! Let's get to work, please? Before I have a fucking anneurism."

*Sigh* "Of course, Sir."

¤¤¤¤

*BOOOM!*

"Sir? Sir!"

Hours later, Tony Stark woke up in a daze. In his room, god did Jarvis have DUM-E carry him to his room? ...Or was it Rhodey after they watched that soccer game?

He rubbed at his temples, his ears were ringing... odd. Not only that but his senses seemed completely shot, he simply laid in bed; staring at the ceiling, waiting for whatever the hell was happening to him to pass.

That's when he registered it...

Smoke. The smell of smoke... something burning.

He shot up from his bed erratically, quickly leaving his room.

"Jarvis, give me intel. What exploded?"