Seven

《Tony's POV》

Well, getting Harper, Steve and 'Tasha to finally talk took less than I expected.

The three were sitting in the kitchen, talking about the events of the day prior; it kind of brought a smile to my face, just a few years ago we were going at eachothers throats, forced to work together to save the world.

Now, we couldn't be closer. Literal family in all but blood and name. It makes me glad, y'know?

I silently continued watching the trio, whilst flipping over the report Hill had compiled on the two enhanced. Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, Twins, One able to alter the mind and move things with her mind; and the other... was just a fast one.

Huh. Well, certainly the most... concrete of all cases that I had seen. Most other enhanced I had seen before had powers that were random, wild and uncontrollable. They died due to radiation and the experiments done on them.

Yet these two? They managed to survive... impressive.

"Sir, Ms. Potts has arrived. She is waiting for you in meeting room A."

...Pepper? That caught my attention significantly. It was weird for her to come to the tower out of the blue. She normally calls ahead.

I placed the holopad on the nearby coffee table. raising up from my spot in the living room, I simply straightened my shirt and ran a hand through my hair. Gotta look... semi-presentable.

"Tell her i'll be there in a few. Just gotta do something before I go."

.
.
.

....She has to be joking. Pepper-- Pepper must be kidding me.

"What?"

She looked at me with that face. No, not the one that says 'You're on timeout'. More like; 'You have no right to argue.'

Yet, when it comes to my daughter, you bet your ass I will argue regardless.

"I have signed Harper up for school. The Midtown School of Science and Technology, in fact."

I definitely looked like a idiot at this point, because I had been staring at Pepper with the same dumbfounded look for the past twelve minutes. When-- Why--

"And where is this school?" I was trying to push the anger slowly bubbling in my gut down. Disregard completely the fact that she was making this big decision about my child. But she was making this big decision about my child...

...without having told me before.

"Queens."

...My left eye twitched slightly. Okay, good. A 37 minute drive. Not so far--

"I've already finished with Harper's living arrangements. She should be leaving tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Living arrangements-!?" I was going to have a anneurism. This is what I had been scared of the moment Pepper had said 'school' and 'Harper' in the same sentence. Harper living away from me, when it wasn't even necessary.