Two

Hours after the party, it was midnight, and only the main members of the Avengers remained alongside Harper. Rhodey had to go back to base, and Pepper had to return to Stark Industries HQ early in the morning, so she had already left to her hotel. Much to Harper's dissapointment.

Her father had left too, going to the lab to discuss issues about the latest mission with Steve, Nat and Bruce. Or... so she thought. She sat quietly in the living room, opening her presents with DUM-E sitting at her side. The robot sometimes grabbing one, wanting Harper to open the presents he picked. Mostly by the color of the wrapping paper.

She was in the process of opening up another one, when she felt the couch sink slightly next to her, a arm being thrown around her shoulder.

"Hey, dad." She didn't even need to turn around to know it was her father, sipping a glass of whiskey and watching her struggle with the paper of one of the gifts. Thor's, he reckoned.

Snort. "Well, the mighty Odinson clearly made his gift impossible to open; here-." he placed the shot glass on the table in front of them, taking the gift and looking it over. "Holy shit, 18 Sticky Tape pieces... Note to self: get Thor some gift wrapping classes."

Harper chuckled, shaking her head. "Dad, gift wrapping classes don't exist."

"Of course they do. Pepper made me go to them for your 7th birthday since I didn't know how to gift wrap either--." Tony chuckled, grabbing the scissors Harper had been using, and slicing the tape as he found it. "So, did you enjoy your party?"

"Yeah!... Kinda... I mean, why that many people? Most of them I didn't even know!"

"Pep wanted you to socialize. Meh, I just winged it when it came to inviting more people, sorry about that-." Tony was running out of patience now too, Harper grinned; her hand slowly shifting back into its real form, and she slowly trailed one of her claws over the paper, slicing it open.

"...You could've done that first, Harper."

"I knoooow. But knowing Thor the box is intricately designed, Asgardian quality stuff. Claw marks from me ripping the paper apart would've more than likely ruined it."

"It's a wooden box?" Tony genuinely looked surprised, although he shouldn't be; this was Thor they were talking about. If Steve was 90's level old fashioned, Thor's level was the medieval ages.

Giggle. "Eeyup! Could feel it from the weight of the package." Harper finally let go of her Human form, wings shuffling to get into a more comfortable position as she sat in the couch. Tony liked that form much better.

"It looks like a pen case. Y'know, those fancy pens, like the ones that belonged to your grandfather-?"

"Yeah, but dad. It is literally bigger than your forearm--."

Tony ran his fingers over the intricate designs, picturing a dragon with amethysts for eyes carved into the wood. God damnit, this better not outdo his gift. He would flip-. This work was custom made, surely what was inside also was.

Tony slowly opened the box, sure enough; the claw mark from Harper opening the paper was in there, were-. Were her claws really that sharp?- he never noticed-.

What was inside of the box, temporarily made Anthony Stark give up for once in his life.

"Motherfucker. It's a fucking sword." Tony's mind was just reeling, was the fucker real? Give the kid a sword, fucking-. Harper was looking at him like he was fucking with her, he simply grunted; passing the box to her before crossing his arms.