Ch.11 The Scars I Bare

"Y...you..." Yusei was at a loss for words, unable to think straight.

Yusei couldn't form the words, he was in complete and total shock. All he could do was stare blankly into those icy violet eyes of Jack's. Suddenly though, tears filled Yusei's eyes as he covered his mouth, backing into the wall before collapsing to his knees on the stairs in a crying mess. He could see it, the truth in Jack's eyes, but he couldn't believe it either. The eyes always told their true meaning, and those violet hues told Yusei that this blonde really was telling him the truth, told him that those words matched his eyes. He simply could not believe it. As soon as Yusei had collpased, Jack was instantly at his side, holding him tightly and trying to comfort him in some way, any way. He was panicking, as if he had said something wrong, though he didn't think he did. No, he hadn't... It was Jack's words, his truthful speech that brought Yusei to his knees in his own tears.

"Yusei! What's wrong? Was it something I said? Oh God, please talk to me!" He pleaded as Yusei tried to push him away, shaking his head in denial.

"No! No, no! You can't mean that... Please, just please...don't do this to me..." He said between sobs. Jack could hear the anguish and pain in his voice, damn near bringing him to tears as he wrapped his arms around Yusei in a tight embrace, surprising the raven even more.

"Yusei, I'm serious, I really do mean it... I would never do anything to hurt you on purpose, I swear..."

Yusei sat there for a long moment before lightly pushing him away, realizing the absurdity of the situation as he roughly tried to wipe the tears from his eyes and face away. "God, just look at me... I'm nothing but a pathetic mess right now..."

"No, you're not." Jack gently grasped Yusei's chin, turning his head to face him as he stared into those teary sapphire eyes. "You've been through hell, Yusei, and you need to release all of that stress and pain. It's only normal to do something like that, but I assure you, you are not pathetic."

Yusei gently pushed away from Jack again, going to try and stand so he could go upstairs. However, as Yusei tried to get his feet under him, not only did his knees buckle, but a wave of pain shot through his lower back. Jack had to act fast and swiftly caught the raven in his arms before he could collapse, now even more worried. "Yusei, are you alright? What's wrong?" He gushed.

"I'm sorry..." Yusei apologized, swallowing hard. "I hate to ask, but...can you please help me upstairs to the last room on the right?"

Jack gave a nod as he grabbed one of Yusei's arms and wrapped it around his shoulder, his own around the smaller teen's slim waist as he helped him limp up the stairs. He entered the last ropm, which he assumed to be Yusei's and guided him to the bed, not missing the slightly pained expression that crossed his face whenever he was moved wrong, even if only a little. The blonde then sat on the bed with Yusei, who scooted away a bit to put some distance between them; it was as if the slightest touch was something to fear.

"Alright, Yusei, please tell me what is going on." Jack finally said after the long moment of silence.

Yusei remained silent, his eyes averted away from those pleading amethyst ones that begged for an answer, any answer. The blonde slowly lifted his hand, as not to startled the raven, and very gently pushed some stray bangs away from his face to just ever so slightly graze Yusei's bruised cheek. Jack could feel a spark of anger flare up within him, but kept that flame at a low candlelight, not wanting to release it in fear of Yusei's reaction -- he was already shaken up as it was, so it was best as to not increase that terror he already felt. "It's alright, Yusei, you can trust me, I promise. I will listen to you, and whatever you have to say will stay between us, you have my word on that." The blonde gently encouraged -- Jack desperately wanted to help him, but he needed Yusei to trust him first, which seemed to be more of a chore than he expected.