Chapter 4

Harrys POV:

Karlie is coming back to school today.

I wanted to wait by her locker so I could help her around in her crutches.

I basically have every class with her so it wouldn't be a problem.

I held my phone in my hand looking down at it, until I heard someone clear their throat.

I raised my eyes to see her.

I realized she hadn't had her glasses on, and let her hair down straightened.

I was too busy focused on her new look that I hadn't noticed everyone else staring at her.

My heart suddenly started to beat faster and I could feel my face become hot.

For some reason I was feeling a little nauseated.

"Uh...hey," She said to me "you're kinda in my way."

"Ohh uh, sorry." I quickly moved next to her.

She leaned on her crutches putting in her combination.

I then began to stare at her. The way the side of her face looked along with the light shining along her perfect edges.

I then couldn't control my reactions and began to smile at her.

She looked up in the corner of her eye then looked at me.

"What?"

"Nothing." I looked away swiftly at her open locker.

She continued her search for her first period supplies. Suddenly my eyes found their way back to her.

I still needed to talk her.

-

Karlies POV:

We were doing a two-person project in my Living Environment class, so our class was assigned partners.

I looked to see who my partner was, and I saw the name,

'Leah Hollings'

She was was a quiet person like me.

Doesn't really get involved with too many people. She usually gets pushed around too.

But not as bad as me.

I looked across the room to find her, and she was already looking over at me.

She then shyly looked down at the paper of instructions.

I guess she wanted me to go over there.

I stood up, grabbed my crutches and attempted to walk to her table. I was a little wobbly.

Its hard to get used to these things!

"Hey you want help?" Harry asked from behind me.

"No I'm fine, but thanks." I answered still walking terribly to Leah's table.

I sat in the seat next to her.

She seemed independent because she already started the project.

I felt so awkward sitting there with no conversation going on.

So I decided to begin it.

"I love your hair, is it naturally like that?" I asked. To be honest I actually did like it. It was all these different shades of dark brown then one lighter shade.

She looked up at me with a big smile,

"Thanks I love yours too! and yeah it is."

"Guys get to work and stop girlying!" Harry joked.

"Whatever!" I screamed back, failing to hold back my smile.

I personally don't know why I smiled, when I was actually annoyed.

Leah and I continued to our work. Most of it was full of laughter and ended up with creating inside jokes.

But strangely we ended up finishing the first part of our project.

"Alright class, start packing up. This assignment is due Friday."

Today was Wednesday. So I decided I'd ask Leah if we could work on it together after school. She agreed and said she'd walk home with me.

"Harry, Karlie, you can go." Our teacher said.

It was 5 minutes before the bell. Harry grabbed my things for me and we headed out the door.

My crutches had gotten on my last nerve, along with Harry standing basically on top of me.

Something felt weird inside of me.

I've never felt this way before.

Harry walking with me, helping with my faint problem I'll have for at least another 2 weeks.

Leah, who is now a new cool friend.

I'm more social now. How did this happen?

Again, lost in thought, I passed my locker and stopped in my tracks so suddenly. Harry, behind me, collapsed on my crutches making us both fall.

"Karlie, I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed.

He quickly jumped off of me.

I, holding back my tears and screams of pain, hadn't said anything. Knowing my voice would crack.

I silently stood up, Harry handing me my crutches. My foot felt weakened, crying out to me to cry myself.

Harrys POV:

I felt extremely guilty. Karlie fell in extreme pain and I made it worse falling right on top of her weak leg.

"Karlie, I'm so sorry!" I blurbed out.

She stood up quietly, but not too quiet to make me hear her moaning.

I handed her crutches to her, yet she snatched them out of my hands. Sharp pains stabbed my entire body. My throat went dry and scratchy, causing me to choke if had spoke anything else.

When she balanced herself, she had her back faced towards me.

"Karlie?" I asked

She quickly spun around. Frustration covered all over her, beautiful face.

"WATCH IT!" She shouted, echoing throughout the halls.

There was a silence. A deep, sad, silence. My stomach turned, and I could feel myself want to drop to my knees. They were shaky and my palms sweaty.

I looked down awkwardly. Then looked back up at her.

Tears were swelled up in her eyes.

I took one step closer to her, until our faces were an inch apart, placing my hand calmly on her shoulder.

She released her shoulders in relief, signaling me she relaxed before she blew up.

Our eyes met and chills ran down my spine. My heart began to burst against my chest, Karlie herself would probably hear it.

I brushed her hair behind her ear, ever so slightly.

But she pulled away.

"I can't," she said, "and I won't try."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

The bell for lunch rang, and Leah approached us. She then noticed our conversation wasn't too exciting, making her smile fade.

"You know what I mean." Was all Karlie said, looking in my eyes as if she could see right through them.

And then she walked off, Leah tagging along.