Chapter 1

My alarm awoken me. The annoying beeping I hear every morning reminding about the horrible day I'll have. I then realize it's Monday.

Great way to make my day better

I rolled out of bed, and put on my dorky glasses that were a little too big for my face.

I head downstairs and face the smell of homemade pancakes by my mum.

"Mornin' sweetie"

"Morning." I grunted

"Someone's in a foul mood. Everything okay Karlie?"

"Yeah just tired."

I quickly ate, and got dressed in a hoodie and some sweatpants.

I personally don't care what I wear to school. I get made fun of no matter what.

I tied up my hair and head out the door.

-

I reached the school and as usual I receive looks from other people, and they aren't very pleasant.

I hear snickers and laughs. Insults and jokes.

These girls tried tripping me and I fell along with my books and pencils flying everywhere.

A crowd of laughter rages and before I could even pick up my things people began to kick them around or walk all over it.

I hate them.

A large lump formed in my throat meaning I wanted to burst into tears.

The bell rang and the hall was empty and silent.

Dammit.

I sat on my knees, slowly picking up my crumpled things, encompassing the silence around me.

"Hey." A voice called from above me.

I look up to see Harry.

Harry Styles.

The high school, football quarterback, hottest and tattooed senior year jock. The one with all the girls tagging along like lost puppies. The leader of his pack of wolves, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne. The one who doesn't bother with friendless people like me.

Why is he talking to me.

Annoyance took over, nullifying my sadness and embarrassment.

"What." I barked.

Harry looked taken aback. Then his beautiful emerald forest green eyes narrowed.

"I just wanted to apologize for my girlfriend tripping you in the hallway. We've been having severe trouble between each other so she tries to mess up other girls lives because she think they'll all get in the way."

"Sounds like a protective girl you got there."

"Harold why are you talking to her?" A slick blonde girl approaches us. When she reached us, I noticed she was the one who made me drop my things.

This must be Harrys girlfriend.

"Jenna, chill," Harry answers " And don't call me Harold you know I completely hate that."

"Maybe I wouldn't call you that if you stop talking to so many girls. That one isn't even pretty." Jenna held her hand up in my direction and Harry turns to me.

We caught eye contact for a split second. He quickly put a concerned expression on his face.

Suddenly Jenna's words repeated in my mind, floating around like one big sentence, like a lit up sign at night, like a sharpie written poster.

'That one isnt even pretty'

I felt like I had been shot in the heart, punched repeatedly in the stomach then kicked down to the ground.

I look down awkwardly holding my books close to my chest and turned around to leave.

-

Harrys POV:

I watched that girl leave. Leaving me alone with Jenna. I angrily faced her,

"What's your problem?!" I practically screamed echoing up and down throughout the halls.

"She was getting in the way, I couldn't let her get between us." She crossed her arms.

"I barely know her." I complained

"Well then don't talk to her and everything will be fine." Jenna grinned leaning in to kiss me.

I pushed her away.

"No." I looked into her dark, now terrifying eyes. It disappoints me how much she changed. She used to be the nice girl everyone loves. Now shes completely opposite.

"No?" She questioned.

"No. Im done. We're done."

I walked off leaving Jenna alone in the hall. I heard her collapse to the ground shouting my name and screaming in devastation.

She sounded crest-fallen, but I didn't care.

******

Karlies POV:

I began to walk home.

Harry talking to me seemed to be the most unusual thing.

He never talks to me. He used to bother me when we were freshman and sophomore. Junior year he stopped dragging me around but still called me a few names.

He stopped bugging me completely this year, but I still don't trust him so much.

I feel he's tricking me, making me fall for him to make Jenna jealous.

I think I'm going to avoid him.

I guess I became lost in thought because I ran into somebody's garbage can and it fell over.

"Well that was smart." A familiar voice came from behind.

I turn around,

Harry.

My heart dropped. I didn't reply so I kept on walking.

"Wait!" He called and caught up to me.

I didn't speak a word to him. But I could tell in the corner of my eyes he was trying to talk to me.

He glanced at me a couple times. I was feeling really uncomfortable.

He eventually broke the awkward silence, asking,

"So, what's your name?"

I know. I just said I would avoid him, but I can't be rude.

"Karlie," I answered "Karlie Jenson."

"Oh nice," he answered, "Well you should know who I am." he grinned, and flipped his perfectly brown curls.

"Yeah.." My voice drifting off. "Course."