Chapter 2: Mindy's flashback

Mindy began remembering how she mocked her former rivals and became a normal mermaid, she started to call the four girls a quartet of losers, scoffed at the girls' drawings, misinterpreting Loretta's surname as Drain and finally getting pushed by the group, when all of a sudden, her clothes began to disappear, including her purse and high heels, she comes out of the sea in her mermaid form, when her older sister carries her, at home, after those events, Mindy returned to her human form, she discovers that she is naked and is wearing nothing.

"Aw, my clothes were supposed to reappear." she said to herself, when she notices a black leotard and puts it on as the flashback ends.

"My clothes, my purse, my high heels, my sunglasses and my wristwatch disappeared after I became a mermaid." Mindy continued. "I found another wristwatch in my closet and two earrings in my earring box."  

  "OK, fine." said Charlene as she took off her fish tail and puts her jeans on, before grabbing her shoes. "Take off your clothes and show us your leotard."

"My leotard? Oh, right." Mindy reluctantly took off her hoodie and new jeans, which reveals her black leotard.  

  "Goodness, that's the leotard." said Moira.

"I don't want to mock your leotard, but, don't call me 'Drain', It's Rain." said Loretta.

"OK, you can forgive me." said Mindy.

The girls goes back home after hearing about Mindy's incident, In the Waterton Beach, Lantana comes out from the sea and sees the city, she swims into the shore of the beach, looking around and wondering no one is here to stop her.

"The city where the girls lives." she said to herself, she took off her tiara, shakes her orange hair before opening her arms and closing her eyes, However, black smoke surrounding around her turns into a beautiful human in a grey sweater, black jeans with high heels, impressed with her human form, she starts to laugh evilly as the sky changes to morning.  

  The next day, Moira gets out of the bed, opens the windows, sees some birds flying in the sky, she grabs her phone and texts to her friends with the words: 'let's go to School!'

She started to put her socks and red shirt, until she realizes something: Loretta is wearing her sister's jeans, imagining herself as a hippie.

"Peace, everyone!" she said as Moira came in.

"My jeans is too big for you, Etta, let me take it off!" Moira playfully takes off her jeans from her little sister's legs, until their mother came into the bedroom, fully dressed.  

  "Loretta, take off your sister's jeans, and put your skirt on!" Anne throws Loretta's skirt at her younger daughter, when Moira pulls off her jeans.