Chapter 3: The "Mythology Teacher"

The four girls arrive to Marguerite Perey High, along with Mindy, Dave is seen outside talking to a boy about how Moira became a mermaid in first place.

"Dude, Moira became a mermaid, the mermaid of earth, that was cool!" said Dave.

"Moira is a mermaid? How?" said the boy.

"She became elemental by magic, pulled a rock made of dust and kicked it!" Dave exclaimed.

In the classroom, the students are waiting for the teacher, two female students are competing each other while playing mobile games, three male students are seen chatting, a male student is bullied by another male student while he is throwing paper planes at him and finally, Moira, Summer, Hannah, Darby and Mindy are talking about another student.  

  "Your cousin lives in Toledo?" Darby asked.

"Yeah, my uncle told me that she is coming to school and will live with me." said Mindy. "Her mother was sick, she also lives in Toledo."

"How old she is?" Summer asked. "Is she 14 years old?"

"Actually, she is seventeen." Mindy replied.

The girls and their classmates sees the arrival of a new student, the new student is a tall brunette with purple eyes, she wore a dark green jacket, a orange shirt with white stripes, black skirt over blue jeans and black and white sneakers, and carrying a mermaid themed notebook, she puts it in her desk, which slips off as the students laugh at her.  

  "That girl has a stubborn notebook!" said a female student.

"Oh, Did your notebook slipped off from your desk?" another female student taunted her.

"She is my cousin, You dolts!" Mindy scolded them as she turned her attention to her cousin. "Here you go, Lania."

"Thanks, cousin Mindy." said Lania.

"Let me explain, you two are cousins?" Dave asked.  

  "Yes, we are!" Mindy and Lania said in unison.  

  Outside the classroom, Lantana comes into the hall, disguised as a "Mythology teacher" wearing glasses, a black skirt and a white collared shirt, she realized the school is the perfect place to teach them about mythology, she goes inside the classroom and writes her name on a chalkboard which says: "Ms. Lanters."

"Hi, class! I'm Ms. Lanters, Mythology teacher!" Ms. Lanters introduced herself, Moira and her fellow clasmates became confused, after a long pause, she continued. "I-I come here to teach you about mythology, do you know about mythology?"  

  "Moira, who's that "Mythology teacher"?" Lania asked.

"How do you know my name?" Moira also asked. "Someone hired that strange teacher."  

  "Anyone knows about mythology? Anyone?" Ms. Lanters continued.

No response.

"Fine, let's get started." she said as she began writing in the chalkboard. "The term mythology predates the word myth by centuries. It appeared first in the fifteenth century, borrowed from the Middle French term mythologie. The word mythology, comes from Middle French mythologie, from Late Latin mythologia, from Greek μυθολογία mythología from μῦθος mythos and -λογία -logia."