Laughter in the Thunder

After getting Espio in a blanket and under his heat lamp in his room we explained the events to Charmy.

“Oh my chaos, this is great! I’m a genius!!! I’m better than Tails at this stuff!! They’re going to be together in no time!! And they’ll make a little baby Silver!~ AAWW YEAH!!” Charmy buzzed around the room and danced around.

“Yeah Charmy don’t get cocky, they’re still in the friend zone.” Vector rolled his eyes.

“No way, Amy was totally putting the moves on him. ‘Oh Shadow you’re soOo warm~’” Charmy mimicked Amy in a high pitch girly voice, “ ‘I just loooove your arms around me, and that chest fur makes me fan girl so hard Oohh!~’” he continued fanning away a blush.

“She never said that.” I shook my head.

“But she was SO thinking it!” Charmy snapped excitedly.

“Are you sure that isn’t one of your fantasies?” Espio snickered from the lump of blanket he was under.

Charmy gasped, “W-what!? No way! That’s just, wrong Espio!”

“Yeah right.” He chuckled.

“Oh yeah!? Well…. You like Silver!”

“I what!?” Espio’s face poked out from the cloths his normal bright color again.

“Oh Silver, you can sleep with me in my room~ Oh Silver let’s play in the arcade together~ Oh Silver I’m so cold, hold me while we make our way back home in your freakishly large masses of fur!” Charmy cooed sarcastically.

Vector had buckled over in laughter that huge tears ran from his eyes. I looked back at Espio seeing him glare at Charmy with a fire in his eyes.

“Freakishly large masses of fur??” I mumbled looking down at myself and my chest fur.

“He didn’t carry me home fyi…” Espio snorted and crossed his arms.

“But you SO wanted him too!” Charmy teased again.

“Okay guys that’s enough.” Vector huffed collecting himself, “Charmy time for bed, and Silver Espio if you’re hungry we saved you some dinner.”

Espio untangled himself from the covers and hurried to the kitchen for dinner. As we sat at the table eating we heard from outside a loud crack of thunder.

“It seems that the storm is finally upon us. We got back just on time.” Espio said. I nodded looking out the window. The rain fell heavy in blankets of wet bands of water. Lightning touched the ground and the so loud that it shook Vector’s trophies on the shelves. Although everyone might consider the storm ‘nasty’ weather, I find it beautiful. A storm of regular lightning and thunder with pelting rain was a lot better than the hideous storms of the destroyed future I had once knew. There were never rain clouds, but clouds of ash from the never ending fires and water never fell to douc the flames, only fire lit rocks that hurled in the sky. A storm like the one we’re having now is anything but nasty weather to me… its gorgeous!

“Like the rain?” Espio asked seeing me smile at the falling water outside.  I nodded quickly.

“It always puts me to sleep.” Espio smiled watching out the window, “It does however make me a bit on edge when it gets really heavy like this.”

“Why is that?”

“Power outages, flooding, lightning coming in through the window… and just to think, I will be safe in a warm dry bed, while others have no place to go.”

“Hmm you’re right…” I nodded. From upstairs came a buzzing noise, the buzzing of Charmy’s wings.

“I can’t sleep.” He mumbled taking a seat at the table, “The thunder is keeping me awake, and the rain is like static on a TV turned up on the highest level of volume.” He covered his ears.